To buy, or not to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacBook Xeon, May 14, 2008.

  1. MacBook Xeon macrumors newbie

    May 14, 2008
    Hey guys. I have a question that needs answering. I'm a 15 year old high school student, attending an IT specialty center at school. I'm finishing freshman year, and sophmore year is dawning upon me. Summer after this one, I will have to do internships with some companies. I am REALLY into computers (and Intel), and am curious about this year's new Centrino platform (Montevina). Will the MacBook Pro incorporate this? And will the 2009 platform (Calpella) be supported too? Should I buy this years platform, or go with 09's? Basically, all I'm trying to ask is "Is it worth the wait?" Thanks in advance!
  2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000


    Jun 6, 2007
    Canada EH!!!
  3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    If you need it now, get it now.
    If you can wait, wait.
    If it's 15 or more and 40 or less days from a keynote, don't buy.

    Otherwise, get it and be happy! And don't create a complaint thread about how a new one just came out.
  4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

    Feb 4, 2008
    Probably best to wait until the next revision, which I have heard might happen around the 3rd quarter. I guess the Montevina is the next processor line coming out, but I don't really keep up with the names well. It may or may not use a chipset with DDR3 memory, so it could be a major upgrade.
  5. MacBook Xeon thread starter macrumors newbie

    May 14, 2008
    well, its not urgent. BTW, montevina WILL support DDR3, but I heart that calpella will REMOVE fsb. So, I think I will wait. Thanks 4 all the responses!
  6. squeeks macrumors 68040


    Jun 19, 2007

    people pay attention, Montevina is the CHIPSET/PLATFORM, penryn is the PROCESSOR

    Nehalem is the next processor line coming out in early to mid 09

    Montevina will still use Penryn CPUs

Share This Page