To buy or not to buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lloydhooson, Mar 18, 2009.

1. lloydhooson macrumors member

Hi all, I am rapidly approaching the end of my phone contract and I am thinking of getting an Iphone, however there is this dilemma!

Buy when contract up, probably be free if the O2 news is accrete, BUT the new iphone 3.0 news! the 3G will re-placed with a newer model in the summer- or will it?!

Basically get in a month when the price comes down?

OR wait till summer for possibly a massive hardware upgrade? however if the hardware isn't amazing like hard drive size increase then it's a waste of iphone fun for the next few months?

any comments or other views?

:apple:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There will be new hardware in June/July. Do what you will.

3. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Buy it now. Sell it on ebay and buy another one in June. Suppport the economy!

4. simon3163 macrumors newbie

Pure speculation… nobody knows what will happen…

5. AzWildcat macrumors member

wait

Until August; its not like you need to buy a phone ASAP, if there is a phone with new hardware all the bugs would have been ironed out by then, if not, then we'll probably not be seeing one this year so you can go ahead and buy...thats what I'm doing.

Although I'm pretty sure there will be some upgrades come June

6. ChrisA macrumors G4

If you need it now, buy it now. If you don't need it don't buy it.

Waiting for the new model is never productive as there will always be a new model to wait for

My opinion is that 90% of the people you meet don't need a cell phone at all. For all but a few they are just toys/entertainment devices.

So when you buy a new toy, as long as you are paying with "disposable" income, that means with money left over after paying the rent, food, your car, paying off any debt and retirement savings. Then just do whatever makes you happy as that is the purpose of toys.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Except the head of Apple marketing who told us there would be a new phone in June or July.

But you know, why listen to him? It's not like he knows anything. :p