To buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by petsk, Apr 13, 2010.

?

Are you getting the new Macbook Pro?

  1. No

    9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. Yes

    19 vote(s)
    67.9%
  1. petsk macrumors 6502

    petsk

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2009
    Location:
    Northern Europe
    #1
    Some people here seems disappointed about the updated Macbook Pro models.

    I'd say it's a humorless joke to tell that this is 'taking Mac's to the next level', as Steve-o has claimed. Overall the updates are modest at best.

    So, if you planned to get the new Macbook Pro. Are you still getting one?

    I've been waiting for this upgrade for a long time but right now I'm just disappointed and have not decided whether to buy a Macbook Pro or not. If I already had a Macbook I wouldn't even consider jumping on this upgrade.
     
  2. mpsruo macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2008
  3. wschutz macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
    #3
    I wasn't planning on getting one because I said I wouldn't wait anymore after January... and decided to save the money, buy a new battery for my 2007 Macbook instead and don't check Apple till 2011 :)

    Even though I got a feeling the update would be as lame as it is... I'm glad it took this long for Apple to do such a simple update, it saved me quite a lot of trouble as the update is not worth the price (but I'll check the market of previous models... either refurb or second hand, that's where the proper price for that Apple's technology will be found :).

    A slight bump of specs at such price isn't a reason for me to update, I prefer using this (not so old) Macbook for another year, rather than buying something which is good indeed, but in my opinion, still too expensive for what you get...
     
  4. GregGebhardt macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2010
    #4
    I just bought one Saturday and it is going back to the store as soon as the have i7 stock!;)
     
  5. JDT80 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2010
    Location:
    PA, USA
    #5
    Considering that I'm upgrading from a 2006 MacBook 1,1...

    I ordered:
    2.66GHz Intel Core i7
    4GB 1066MHZ DDR3 SDRM - 2X2GB
    500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200
    17"HR Antiglare WS Display
     
  6. Alvi macrumors 65816

    Alvi

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2008
    Location:
    Mars
    #6
    I bought a 13" a few months ago, I'm so glad i didn't wait as long as some other people, the Update is almost imminent, i expected stuff like IPS which would make me cry, but It's just a processor which is 0.14 GHz faster, and has more ram which i'd upgrade anyways

    *and a graphics card
     

Share This Page