To buy or to wait - MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wew, Nov 12, 2009.

  1. wew macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2009
    #1
    I'm looking to buy a 17" MacBook Pro that I can use for video editing and graphic work. Do you guys think a new updated version will be on sale sometime soon? Or do you think it's safe for me to buy one now without finding out that a new version will come out in a week.
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #3
    Wait until early 2010 if you can. There should be an update then.
     
  3. Bbusyb macrumors member

    Bbusyb

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2009
    Location:
    Notts, UK / Alex, Egypt
    #4
    If you can hold off you purchase for a few months it may be worth the wait, especially if you are planning to get the 17" MBP.

    The MBP line is due for an Upgrade going by previous trends, and the 17" is the one most likely to get an upgrades, as it was released in Jan 2009, meaning that its due for a refresh.

    The proposed / rumored upgrades like core i5 / i7 are also more likely to be available on the 17" first as from what I understand they are more power intensive and run hotter, making them currently unsuitable for inclusion in more compact machines like the 13". There is probably going to be a graphics card refresh as well.
     
  4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

    thegoldenmackid

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2006
    Location:
    dallas, texas
    #5
    As with every other thread we have on this discussion, wait.
     

Share This Page