Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wew

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2009
I'm looking to buy a 17" MacBook Pro that I can use for video editing and graphic work. Do you guys think a new updated version will be on sale sometime soon? Or do you think it's safe for me to buy one now without finding out that a new version will come out in a week.

Bbusyb

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2009
Notts, UK / Alex, Egypt
If you can hold off you purchase for a few months it may be worth the wait, especially if you are planning to get the 17" MBP.

The MBP line is due for an Upgrade going by previous trends, and the 17" is the one most likely to get an upgrades, as it was released in Jan 2009, meaning that its due for a refresh.

The proposed / rumored upgrades like core i5 / i7 are also more likely to be available on the 17" first as from what I understand they are more power intensive and run hotter, making them currently unsuitable for inclusion in more compact machines like the 13". There is probably going to be a graphics card refresh as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.