To buy, or to wait

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mrsasquatch, Apr 30, 2011.

  1. mrsasquatch macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2011
    #1
    I have the opportunity to buy a lightly used base 27" iMac. It is the current version as of now. I have heard that the line might be updated in the next 2 weeks, so I was wondering what you guys thought. $1200 for a used w/ applecare, or to wait and pay the $500 difference to have the newer models w/ Intel's new chipset.

    It probably won't be used for any heavy video, photo editing, just basic computing. I've been trying to weight it out, but would really appreciate any input. Thanks in advance.
     
  2. kevin2223 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2010
    #2
    No harm in waiting a few more days to see what the new base 27" offers, there will be a significant performance boost if Apple decides to use quad-cores across more models.

    Plus Thunderbolt, faster GPUs, and potentially larger hard drives (for relatively the same price) should also be considered - whether they are worth it to you.
     
  3. 2ndname macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2011
    #3
    Wait it out. If and when the new refresh comes out you will more of those last gen deals IMHO.
     
  4. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

    Legion93

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2011
    Location:
    Death Star, Rishi Maze
    #4
    I'm still waiting for the iPhone 9, should I still buy the current iPhone 4? :d
     
  5. 2ndname macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2011
    #5
    Lol, so mean.
     

Share This Page