To Case or not to Case

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AmbiguousNinja, Oct 5, 2011.

?

Case or No Case?

1. I use cases, they protect my iPhone.

31 vote(s)
    63.3%
  2. I don't use cases, it looks perfect and I don't drop my phone every 10 minutes.

18 vote(s)
    36.7%
  1. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

What's your opinion? When it comes to Apple products, I believe Apple spends a lot of time designing the exterior as much as the interior of their products and it would be heartless to cover it up all the time with some cheap plastic case.

2. Captain America macrumors 6502

I so wanted to not have my iPhone 4 covered, and even with the clear incase from the Apple case program I don't like it. Not only that, but it somehow still managed to pick up a few scratches on the sides. But if it wasn't for this case, I would've been missing chunks of phone as opposed to case when I've dropped it on concrete a few times.

3. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

It only takes one schmuck bumping you. As happened to me. My ip4 was shattered. (while in a fashion case)

4. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I've had bumpers, cases, skins etc but it looks best on its own. If I get the 4s i will just have screen protectors on the front and back and get some transparent spectra wraps from The Lucky Labs for the metal band.

5. BlizzardBolt macrumors 6502

Case is a must and I rarely drop my phone....ever

6. rosemary1 macrumors regular

I know all the negativity about them, but I'm gonna give Apple's bumper a try.

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Dropped my first iPhone the second day of owning it. Used a case ever since.

8. Captain America macrumors 6502

Yeah as I stated earlier I love how it looks without a case. Is there some sort of case that minimizes the increased bulkiness and obstruction of the phone?

9. steeler macrumors regular

I love the look of the iPhone 4 and the balance and feel without a case. However, living in the real world, I know that any mobile device needs some protection. You never know when you will get bumped into or who knows what.

Personally, I bought an iPhone because of iOS and the touch screen. I don't care if anyone knows that I have an iPhone, and don't want it to be obvious. As a result, I specifically sought out a case that completely covers the back so you can't see the Apple logo. I know owning an iPhone is a status symbol for many; I bought one because it works great.

EDIT TO ADD: I forgot to mention that I take good very good care of all my computers, phones, and other electronic equipment. I still have a working CD player that I bought in 1987.

10. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I'm planning to go case-less for my iPhone 4S. I just ordered some carbon fiber skin which will arrive tomorrow.

11. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

While his death is extremely sad and way too soon, people are capable of comprehending/discussing more than one topic at a time.

12. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Case for sure. The iphone is too expensive to take a chance and trust me I have dropped my iphone 4 no less than 10 times last year and thankfully nothing happened to it where as without a case, it could have shattered. A case just makes me feel better and safer.

13. korndawg macrumors regular

Case it. Better resale value when u sell it for the iphone 5 :) That's what I'm gonna do anyways.

14. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Used to have one of those thin flexible cases and realized that I love the naked feel of the phone, and I don't drop it much.

15. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I use cases within the first week of purchase, then take it off after just because I have no clue why.

16. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

I've used bumpers on my iPhone 4, but have been naked for a couple months. I'll be getting a bumper with the 4S.

17. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Soft case!!!

I switch cases a lot. I mostly use the pouches for iPhone from cases.com which work very well for me and protect the front and back of the phone. Here are some samples:
    http://www.cases.com/products/Sena-157001-Black-Elega-Pouch-for-Apple-iPhone-4.html

http://www.cases.com/products/Sena-156114-White-UltraSlim-Pouch-for-Apple-iPhone-4.html

http://www.cases.com/products/Sena-...arach-UltraSlim-Pouch-for-Apple-iPhone-4.html

Along with these, I use the snap and slider cases, but the pouches get used the most.

18. SoundByter macrumors newbie

Gotta go with a case with a small lip on the front of the phone providing a very small gap between the glass of the phone and the ground... Even a slim and soft case dramatically improves the chance of your screen not cracking upon impact with the ground.

19. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I've been using an iKonicedge pouch on my 3Gs. Plan on the same if I get a 4s.

Mike

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Jcazz macrumors newbie

Jcazz

My caseless friend has broken the back twice now and just broke the front screen last week. Fortunately it still works, so he's holding out for the 4S.

My cased phone has suffered plenty of bumps and a few drops and has nary a scratch!