To Chrome or Not To Chrome...That is the Question...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iDriveX, Sep 27, 2007.

?

To Chrome or Not To Chrome...That is the Question....

1. Chrome It Up!

25.0%
  2. Leave It Alone!

75.0%
  1. iDriveX macrumors member

Well Boys (and girls), make the decision....To Chrome or Not To Chrome...

Caveat: the gap between the handle and the chrome piece will not be present in the end because I haven't actually glued it in place yet and it is just resting and kind hanging on the door handle right now:

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

Also in real life the chrome is much shinier, it's real metal, not plasticy stick on chrome. It's very good quality stuff from what I can tell, the camera with the flash just flashes out the whole pic so I had to go with bad lighting instead.

Also we're only talking about the chrome door shells not the actual handles, although that could be a possibility later on.

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

What is that, a crossfire? Also, it looks to me that the handle is sort of a brushed aluminum and if that's the case, methinks it may clash a little with the chrome

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, we need to know what kind of car that is. and honestly, you can't tell much of a difference in those pics

4. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

1) looks like a crossfire, except the rear wheels seem too small for a crossfire
    2) don't modify your car unless your going the whole way...otherwise it'll look silly
    3) showoff

5. iDriveX thread starter macrumors member

You are right it is a Crossfire, but the handle isn't brushed aluminum, it's some sort of smooth grey polymer, but not metal or even brushed aluminum. And the coloring is completely smooth, not textured.

6. iDriveX thread starter macrumors member

1. It's a Crossfire and they are factory wheels. Maybe it's the angle of the shot.
    2. I am going to go the whole way, just not the whole way tomorrow. It's going to be a longer process due to...ahem...budgetary constraints.
    3. If displaying a picture of a $15,000 car is showing off then guilty as charged. Remind me not to post pictures of my Aston Martin I'm going to get one day. (A guy can dream, can't he?)

7. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

8. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

I think you should forget about the chrome, and instead invest in a tripod for your camera so you can take pictures that aren't blurry. ;)

9. iDriveX thread starter macrumors member

I think those photos that you saw are about the extent of the photos I have taken over the past two months. I'm just not much of a photographer, nor care to be. But, thanks for the suggestion!

10. hotboiled macrumors member

11. iDriveX thread starter macrumors member

Are you talking about the door handles?

12. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Regardless, if the handle isn't chrome/fake chrome it's not going to look good with a chrome/fake chrome surround that's glued on IMO

13. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

I concur.