To-Do App w/Grocery List & Sync

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by CKtoph, Oct 23, 2015.

1. CKtoph macrumors 6502

Anyone have any recommendations for your favorite/best to-do list app that has an option for grocery lists? Also, it would be ideal if it could be synced across multiple phones in the household.

2. icw70 macrumors newbie

3. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

I'm using Buy me a Pie as well... Like it but the nag screens are getting old. I'm definitely not paying for a yearly subscription. I wish they would sell it outright for a fair price. Bottom line, I'm also looking

4. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

There's a separate thread somewhere I started. I've found keeping a to do list works better when it's separate to be honest.
    I use Omnifocus for my tasks and I've settled on Bring! For my groceries. Now a native app and had an update or two so that ticked off items go to the bottom of the list, I use it for small shops and big ones.
    Syncs to android phones as well as iPhones, can send people subscribed into the list when you've updated it, been shopping, or when you're about to go.

5. igrover macrumors regular

igrover

I use Clear as a to-do list. It syncs across my watch, phone and Mac.

6. artfossil macrumors 6502

artfossil

Me too. I use it for shopping lists and also for "on the radar" project lists. Simple, elegant and always with me.

7. QuiteSure macrumors 6502

QuiteSure

Reminders Nano is what you're looking for. It is the Reminders app for the Watch that Apple for some reason didn't make. Costs 99¢ and is well worth it.

8. Easttime macrumors 6502

Onenote now has check off lists and a Watch app.

9. Minarets macrumors 6502

10. Javabird macrumors 6502

I also use Reminders Nano, good app.

11. CKtoph thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Downloaded Buy Me a Pie for shopping lists and the wife seems to like it, so that's that heh.

Now just need to decide between all the todo list apps out there. I like the simplicity of Reminders Nano. I'm wondering if going all out with something like Omnifocus is worth it, too.

12. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I know you already downloaded buy me a pie... but wanted to say that I also use Clear

13. Aniseedvan macrumors 6502a

Omnifocus is complicated, but if it works for your system it's great. I've been using it for a good couple of years and I'm a big fan. The watch app is still the best implemented I've seen.

14. SerenaC macrumors newbie

SerenaC

I'm using Reminders Nano. Uses the normal Reminders app, love it…

15. Easttime macrumors 6502

I take this back. The Onenote checkoff no longer works on my Watch and there is no mention of it on the web now. Fantastical works OK, but as of today I am a Clear convert. Wow. So simple and effective, syncs across all my Apple devices using iCloud, great Watch app.

16. mrklaw macrumors 65816

Tried both buy me a pie and Bring as I need iOS and android sync. Neither seem very good though - and that's just the phone apps without testing the watch part

Bring doesn't seem to let you have multiple of the same item - if you want white and brown sliced loaves there is only one icon. And the space for information is very small and you can only read fully by long pressing on it.

BMAP seems more flexible with free text items but for some unknown reason has barely any space for a description - the text is way over on the right so truncates almost immediately.

Both don't let you have enough detail in the basic items so my wife would need more description space.

Might look at simple text list apps with iOS/android sync and Apple Watch support - any suggestions? I like the idea of being notified if someone makes a change to a list too - eg I just finished at the supermarket but my wife needs something last minute

17. Easttime macrumors 6502

Clear will fit your bill. I just installed it on my iDevices, Watch and Macs. There is a way to share with partner but requires a shared iCloud account and I am not up on that. Saw that someone did that on one of the forums.

18. mrklaw macrumors 65816

Need android cross platform support as my wife has an Xperia ;)

19. Easttime macrumors 6502

Christmas is coming:rolleyes:

20. mrklaw macrumors 65816

Shh.. Don't tell anyone - but my wife doesn't like iPhones..

21. mrklaw macrumors 65816

Ok, so for buy me a pie I figured out the right-formatted text is when you put in a colon so the app is expecting a number. If you out the description in first it seems fine. It also shows the list in glances, where wunderlist only seems to show today's items

On the watch though, buy me a pie isn't showing colour categories. The screenshots in the App Store show them - is anyone else having that problem? If I can get that fixed, I think it'll be my app of choice

22. Javabird macrumors 6502

Mine shows the color categories. When you create a new item, you can assign it a color by tapping on the color shown right below the entry field.

23. mrklaw macrumors 65816

Yeah it shows on the phone, just no on the watch. Strange. Not the end of the world but it'd be nice to fix - the colours are a good way of grouping items.

24. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Anylist is the best one we've tried. It has location based reminders (that work really well), syncing and sharing.

25. Javabird macrumors 6502

Mine show on the watch too. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling from the Watch?