To Do Application please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by poppe, Apr 4, 2007.

1. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I'd really love an application that sits half transperent on my desktop. A scheduling/to do application. Do you all have any recommendations?

Someone using pages created this which sits on his background, but I would rather have an application to do such a thing. Here is a link to what his looks like: http://www.irbdavid.com/misc/Aqua_Blue_Small.png

Thanks

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I use this widget for to-dos and this one for my meetings...isn't exactly what you are looking for, but works pretty well for me. You might also check out Stattoo but if I remember right, it will only do meetings and no to-dos.

3. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Dashboard says all.

I use it to have my Uni timetable on it, aswell as Stickies containing To Do lists, along with other bits and bobs.

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

What did you use to have your uni timetable on the dashboard?? That would be so useful.

For To Do stuff I use a little program that I came across on this forum somewhere, but i can't for the life of me find it right now and my macbook is being serviced far away (again)

5. BilltheCat macrumors regular

BilltheCat

I would like to look at that pages app if your friend will allow you to post it.

Right now I use iCal (which aint grand really) but it updates to my blackberry calendar. The BB has a to do list already.

6. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

For me I use iCal and the two widgets stated above to organise myself.

But there are other To Do programs, such as iGTD. There are also some for people in school like Task List, Schoolhouse and iProcrastinate.

7. poppe thread starter macrumors 68020

poppe

Pages is made by Apple. All he posted was a screen shot from his desktop. I discovered the user's screen shot on page 3 of April Desktops, in the forums.

8. iVersa macrumors 6502

9. insular macrumors newbie

I use GeekTool reading and displaying a text file. I don't update it that often as I use it for assignment due dates and that's about it.

I use Stickies as well but for handy information I don't look at often.

10. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I do to and have used both stickies and the sticky notes on Dashboard as well. However I am looking at using EasyTask which seems great!!! My wife is looking at maybe using LIfe Balance software.

11. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

What about using the free Backpack account and trying something like PackRat (which is free of charge up to a point)?

12. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

My wife uses Things now- she swears by it and has it for both her MacBook and iPod Touch and syncs perfectly and automatically through wifi when both are on/open.
    I will probably use it as well when I get my iPod Touch this month!:D:apple: