To Do List Apps w/ Web Sites

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dupdup, Dec 31, 2008.

1. dupdup macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a good to do list app that has a web component as well. I've been trying "Remember the Milk" which has a nice iphone app, but the web page is a little awkward right now (still beta). They also have a pretty good google widget which would be a nice to have requirement.

The reason I'm still looking around is that to get the iphone integration you need to upgrade to the "Pro" version for $25 which seems a little steep, considering an expensive iphone app now a days is $10. I'll probably upgrade if there isn't anything better out there right now.

Has anyone found a nice to do list app that has an associated web site to enter tasks?

Thanks

2. janelovesyou macrumors newbie

I tried Remember The Milk at first but it didn't wow me enough to pay the $25 after the free trial. Right now I use ToDo which was $10 and sync it with the free site toodledo.com and it's pretty much everything I wanted. You can try ToDo Lite to see if you like it.

Toodledo also has it's own app which is 1.99

3. dupdup thread starter macrumors newbie

I was just thinking about that combo. Seems like a good setup since Toodledo own app is supposed to be not so good. My only issue right now is that the google widget does not seem to stay connected. On first load and sometimes after just a little while the tooledo widget is asking to be logged in again.

4. chriswitt macrumors member

I found Toodledo to work the best of all of them! The web site has themes, and the iphone app sync's faster than all the others I've used.

Funny how different people have different experiences.

5. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Still don't understand why Apple doesn't just make one and have it sync with Outlook and MobileMe.

Seems easy enough. <Shrugs>

6. pisces03x macrumors regular

reQall is great. And free.

reQall. Also works on regular phones by calling into their company. Translates what you say into text notes which can then be accessed on the website.

And there's an iTunes app.

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Ditto.

8. raluce macrumors newbie

I agree. I have tried many To-Do solutions and the best I have found is ToDo syncing to toodledo.com and subscription to the ical calendar. It syncs flawlessly back and forth from the iphone ToDo app and toodledoo website. It then sycnc to my ical calendar on my macbook. A great solution to Apple's oversight.

9. dupdup thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the tips. I found the solution to my biggest complaint about toodledo, the logging out widget. This is from their site:

Why isn't my start page gadget/widget working?

Toodledo has a gadget/widget that will work with the iGoogle, Netvibes and Pageflakes start pages. If your gadget is asking you to login every time you reload the page, you can correct this in a few quick steps.

In order for Toodledo's gadgets to work correctly, your web browser needs to be able to accept cookies from third party websites.

In Firefox 1.5 and earlier, you need to go into your preferences and under "Privacy - Cookies" make sure that the "for the originating site only" checkbox is not checked.

In Firefox 2.0 or later, go into your preferences and under "Privacy - Cookies" click the "Exceptions" button. Enter "toodledo.com" into the field and click "Allow".

In Internet Explorer you need select "Internet Options" from the "Tools" menu and then click on the "Privacy" tab. Click the "Sites..." button and enter "www.toodledo.com" and click "Allow".