To Do List in Mail for OS X Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by MacHiavelli, Jul 20, 2011.

1. MacHiavelli macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

Anyone know if it is possible to get the to do list back in OS X Lion Mail?

I can see in iCal, but the space allowed for it is too small for my needs - I need a wider column like the old Mail in Snow Leopard.

Thanks in advance.

2. kevinsgill macrumors newbie

kevinsgill

I am wondering the same exact thing here about the "To-Do" list. It shows up in the iCal because all the data got migrated over from the old Mail.app version. How do I enter new items in the so called "Reminder" section in iCal. I liked my "To-Do" list and am in a bind now because I've used it to manage my bills. Hopefully someone can shed some more light on this topic.

3. MacHiavelli thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

Hi Kevin

You can enter new reminders in iCal by:
    (1) cmd+k
    (2) by choosing File > New Reminder
    (3) Double clicking a blank part of the reminder window (if you have a blank part that you can see)

At the very least I wish the reminder bar could be widened. It will widen a little, but it is still constrained into a fairly narrow column.

4. axu539 macrumors 6502a

Just to add to the previous poster, the iCal to-do list is what will sync with the Reminders app in iOS5. Now I just wish that notes didn't have to be synced through mail either.

5. MacHiavelli thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

Thanks for that. Helps to clarify why it has changed.

I just wish there was a way to view reminders in a wider column.

6. kevinsgill macrumors newbie

kevinsgill

Thanks for the post everyone. After playing around a bit, I figured it out how to create new To-Do's in iCal under the "Reminders" section. I loved the old way in Mail.app. I gave me more visual room to play with. Now I have to get use to using it this new way. Bummer.

7. cresser1234 macrumors newbie

url: Show in mail... Causes ical.app to freeze

In ical.app, when I click the url "Show in mail..." from the reminders that I created as ToDos in Leopard Mail.app, it opens up Mail.app but does not open the corresponding email.

Furthermore, when I go back to ical.app, it is frozen and Mail also freezes. I have about 100 ToDos (now "Reminders") that I can do anything thing with!

Please help!

I really want them back in Mail.app not ical!

Thanks!

8. MacHiavelli thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

Same for me. I just opened them up. Tabbed (not clicked directly on to) to the URL and, when selected, I just deleted the link.

This stopped the problem of iCal and Mail freezing up. Possible, of course, to enter a new link.

But tabbing to the link is the key. If you click on it with the mouse, it tries to open the link and then freezes.

9. cresser1234 macrumors newbie

I'm not worried about removing them, I want the To Do's restored. I'm not sure what emails those To Dos refer to, and many of them were created simply to refer back to and have descriptions like: "Respond to this" so there is no way to just go find the email. The links in my calendar do work so it seems like there should be a way to recover them.

10. NorCalBJJ macrumors newbie

Tinkering around with Mail and iCal, I was able to drag&drop the title of the mail that I need to schedule out.

~G