To-do, reminder app for procrastinators

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by coolpp, Feb 25, 2013.

1. coolpp macrumors newbie

I am looking for a to-do/reminder/planner app that constantly reminds you with alarms and alerts to complete a task. I looked at MANY different to-do type apps and I could not find one that I liked. I would like to set up a task and get multiple reminders and notifications until you complete it. Most of the apps out there only automatically have 1 reminder or alarm that goes off once its due but those apps don't alert you if its overdue unless you open the app again. If you want to setup multiple alerts then you have to set them up manually. I would like something that is either automatic with the alarms/alerts or something that is SUPER quick and easy.
    Out of all of the apps I tried Alarmed is the closest thing that I want but I need something with more features and has some type of way of organizing tasks.
    Due is alright but not what I need. Bugger sounds interesting but I could not find that much information on it and the app has not been updated since 2010. Essentially, I am looking for a task manager for procrastinators. Thank you.

2. erichess22 macrumors regular

Have you tried Any.Do? You can look at the link in my signature and it gives a small review of it.

3. coolpp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for your reply. Thank you for the app advice. I just downloaded and it and it seems alright. However I need something a lot more proactive about alerting me about things that I need to get done. Any.do has a nice interface and great for simple reminders, but I need something that will get my attention more like multiple alerts/alarms, a great notification system, or something that can show me what I need to get done from the lockscreen (I don't think this is possible even with a jailbreak, I heard you can make a todo list into a wallpaper and put it on your lockscreen but that is non interactive.) What I really love about Any.do is that when you get a notification and tap it, it automatically takes me straight to the task itself to a fantastically designed menu that gives me options to mark as done or snooze. I really like that idea of a fast snooze/postpone option when opening the notification.

4. erichess22 macrumors regular

No problem, well good luck finding something more proactive! I'll keep an eye out for you! :)

5. Tomacorno macrumors regular

Did you have any luck? I am kind of in the same boat and have downloaded a lot of these types of apps. I am giving app.do a shot now and like it so far. I was using Due but the constant nagging is problematic to me. Unless I set the date farther out I just keep pushing the next day button. I have been using Workflowy as an ongoing to do list but it is not a reminder app.

Just curious as to what you found lacking in Due as that might have been what I recommended to you.

Checkmark, or is it Check Mark, seems to have some fans. However, after reading the reviews I tried Due first and then discovered any.do and for now, that is the one I am using.