To eject or not to eject... That is the question!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jedisaga, Apr 8, 2009.

1. jedisaga macrumors 6502

jedisaga

All,

In previous iterations of the ipod, you were required to eject the ipod first prior to disconnecting it from your computer/itunes. Now with the ipod touch, is this still a necessity?

jedisaga

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Not really. It allows you to just pull the cord now as long as the sync is complete.

On a personal note, I still eject just to make sure that the sync is finished and nothing is going to be corrupted when I unplug.

3. jedisaga thread starter macrumors 6502

jedisaga

Yeah, most of the time, I eject first. However, when I'm running late for work, I don't have time to grab the mouse and click 'eject' so I simply unplug the device. As a rule, I try to avoid doing so, but it does happen...

4. statik13 macrumors regular

As long as it says "Safe to eject" there should be no risk of damaged files. I hardly ever bother hitting the eject button.

5. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

On other iPods you had to eject if you had 'enable disk use' selected, because then the iPod was mounted on your computer as a hard drive, not just an iTunes device. The 'disk use' option isn't available with the Touch, so you don't have to eject for that.