To everybody that really wants a matte screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Theclamshell, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Im sure that most of you have heard of colorwarepc. I recently was looking at the colors they offer and came across the tab "screen finish" it allows you to select a matte screen.

Its a hefty price for $300 but i have heard that people are buying the 17" soley for the fact that it offers matte so 300 would be cheaper for most of you that want that.

Im not sure if you can just get the screen changed or if you have to get it painted but im sure you could inquire with the company about that. Here is a link that shows the screen option, (its on the side under "screen finish" )

http://www.colorwarepc.com/p-181-macbook-pro-g2-13.aspx

Hope this helps those on a quest for matte:D

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Been discussed a couple of different places by myself and others. But you are sending your computer to Colorware, their work has been so-so as witnessed on this forum. I imagine you could do it for a whole lot cheaper yourself and since you are voiding the warranty...

3. Theclamshell thread starter macrumors 68030

yes, but i dont know about others but i would never attempt this on a unibody, that glass scares me :), even if it was cheaper and their work was so-so

4. Apple all life macrumors 6502