To everyone complaining...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dacreativeguy, Apr 13, 2015.

1. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

... about not getting a watch in the pre-orders and not being able to stand in line on 4/24:

We all know you have an iPhone 5 or 6 which has a fantastic alarm app to wake you up in the middle of the night and speedy LTE network speeds that would have allowed you to snag an order in the first 5 minutes. Those of you with iPhone 6 even have Apple Pay, so you could have completed your transaction in just a few clicks and a thumb scan.

So quit your whining. You snoozed, you losed. :)

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

This is a rather misinformed thread you got here.

3. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

4. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Hey, he speaks the truth! Unless you just woke up from a coma, everyone knew that you had to order within the first few minutes...

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Try again. I woke up at 2:45AM EST and pre-ordered as soon as the app on my phone went live. I ordered a SG Sport. Delivery date: 5/13-5/27 (4-6 weeks).

6. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

To everyone complaining...

I'm barely a snoozer. I preordered using Apple Pay at the exact moment it went on sale (3:01 eastern) and I still have to wait until May.

And I didn't even set an alarm, I'm less of a snoozer than the guy above me :p

[​IMG]

7. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

Unnecessary post. There were many of us who did all the "right" things and still got later than 4/24 ship dates. Limited supply and nearly a million sold instantly.

8. LIOC macrumors member

LIOC

I was just about to post the same. I received my email confirmation at 3:04am. Still have to wait for may. I don't think any SB or SG watches had a April date.

9. CloudsNeverDie macrumors newbie

It would have been much, much better if instead, they had taken reservations for the first 24 hours (heck, even the first week), then held a lottery to figure out who would get one in the first batch. Random would probably have been better than all this bickering and scalping.

I just read in another thread some guy claiming he bought 6 watches using multiple iTunes IDs. If you want to know why some of us legitimate customers have to wait until June, look no further than this.

10. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Exactly and yet if we call this guy out we get banned?

11. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

I overslept a little bit due to the fact that I had a really hard time falling asleep because of the tornado warnings Thursday night. The same storm that had the EF4 tornado that hit Rochelle, IL and destroyed Fairdale, IL was passing right over me and was threatening to form another tornado at any moment.

So I wasn't able to get my order in until around 3:45 central time, an hour and forty five minutes after pre-orders went live. I was annoyed quite a bit that it was a 4-6 week wait...I would have figured that at the most it would be a 1-2 week delay similar to previous device launches in the past for Apple.

I was annoyed but nevertheless, at least I was alive and still had a roof over my head. I can be thankful for that at least.

12. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Very true! Glad all was ok in your area.

13. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

The main ones complaining are the ones that ordered either the space grey sport or the space black stainless, one of which wasn't even release day available

14. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Then maybe they should have announced that? When I added the Space Gray Sport to my cart, the delivery date said April 14th. When my confirmation email arrived, then I was informed of a 5/13-5/27 delivery date.

If I had known they would have been delayed, I would've ordered the silver.

15. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

Nobody had a 4/14 delivery date.

16. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Oh wow. And I was worried about a stupid watch. Glad you're ok.

17. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

These kinds of threads always lead to constructive conversation and life-changing realizations.

18. Wildgift macrumors 6502

I second guessed and ordered a 38. Bad choice. :-/

19. technosix macrumors 6502a

I don't disagree with anyone here no matter their opinion... Here's why.

Apple craves headlines and bragging rights. Always have, always will. Thus purposely offering a quantity they know will sell out in very short order, makes them look good.

They've convinced the faithful to believe everything they say and to assist Apple by serving as their excuse makers / worshippers.

So, in turn no matter how vigilant, no matter how quick to click on buy ... Some of us had no chance at all. That's to be expected, always happens, but this time around it was involving Apple's highest profile product.

That I had success and got not only the model I wanted but immediate confirmation and first group shipping date, almost happened by accident. I did nothing that others didn't do.

20. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I used the app and got in a few minutes earlier and already had my model picked out and saved as a favorite prior like many others, which made ordering it super quick. My delivery date is April 24th - May 8th

21. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

You got in earlier than 12:01? Did you get the space black?

22. kovey macrumors 6502a

He's full of crap. Nobody got through before 12:01 Pacific.

23. Teach4 macrumors 6502

Teach4

I kept checking the app until it was open and quickly placed my order. I have the 4/24-5/4 range. I did not set an alarm, I just took a chance. On another thread, about the Apple execs contacting a poster, someone suggested that Apple take all the preorders in the first slot and stock the stores with them. I haven't always gotten in the first group and never thought bad of those that did, except maybe for the ones who order just to sell to make money.

24. Teach4 macrumors 6502

Teach4

My confirmation order says the time was 1:09am. I am in Utah. I am just waiting. I hope my watch comes sooner than another order of mine from another company which is on backorder and it is now into several weeks of waiting. When I call, they can't tell me any sort of an estimated time frame. Now that's something to complain about.:confused:

25. SchneiderMan, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015

SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes but my order went through a bit after. I got the 42mm Space Gray Sport. Got my email confirmation at 12:02am about a minute later after completing the order.

Attached Files: