To everyone who had iphone issues.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rust.puppet, Jul 19, 2008.

1. rust.puppet macrumors regular

all of you who stated they had either one issue or another with the iphone at launch, i was just wondering IF something is seriously wrong with the phone did at&t or apple stores just replace them or did you have to have the 70$ warrenty through apple?

i just wanna get it right so i dont end up stuck with a defective one.

2. themiracle macrumors regular

All flagship Apple products come with a 1yr Warranty that allows you to essentially swap out as many defective units as you want. I don't know if the ATT store will do it, but Apple will definitely swap out any unit you by via a Genius Bar or a mail swap.

The $70 warranty just extends this protection another two years.

3. higgalls macrumors regular

Doesn't it only extend the warranty an extra year, making it 2 years in total?

4. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I got Apple Care and it says that it expires July 18, 2010. So yeah, it extends it one more year.

The only issues with my iPhone are that it has 1 little hair under the screen, it's like a tiny white strand. You can't notice it though unless you clean it and are staring at it in the light.

And also, darker pictures on my phone are harder to see, but on my original iPhone they looked fine.

5. svndmvn Guest

I think Apple Care usually lasts 2 years,and if in your case you would buy it on July 17, 2009 it would last until July 17, 2011 giving you a total of 3 years of warranty,it's covered in it's first year anyway

6. higgalls macrumors regular

Incorrect. It has nothing to do with when you buy it (you do need to buy it in the first year of purchase though). It will simply extend the warranty until a certain amount of years from when you purchase the product.

In the case of Laptops, if you purchase Apple care, it will extend the warranty to be 3 years from purchase date. But for the iPhone, it only extends it 1 more year, giving you 2 years of warranty from the date you purchase the phone.

So no matter what date you purchase and register the Apple Care, your warranty expiry will be the same as if you purchase and register it on the very first day of purchase of the product.

7. rust.puppet thread starter macrumors regular

thanks so much guys, this may be all i need then since im almost OCD about how careful i am with expensive electronics. i doubt ill drop it and ill never waterlog it.

8. higgalls macrumors regular

Dropping and Water damage are not covered by the Apple Care though. You might want to ask about Insurance with your mobile phone company, as they will protect against that.

Anyway, all the best.