To get me started!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Archernick, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Archernick macrumors newbie

Hey guys, just sent off for my 15 inch 2.8GHZ MBP June 09 edition. since im getting it on finance i have to wait for them to send me the contract for me to sign. When they get it back they will send the MBP. In the mean time, i just wanted to know is there anything useful to do when i get it out of the box. For example any app's to download? Any non useful stuff to remove etc etc. Also im wondering how you can activate the 9600m when your in Windows Boot Camp? Anyone know? Planning on downloading the 64 bit windows 7 RC cos im pretty sure the 2.8GHZ has a 64 bit Processor, anyone prove me wrong or advise me otherwise? Thanks for the help and im glad im going to be an official Mac User soon to come!

2. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

the 9600m automatically runs in bootcamp. you cant use the 9400. so you dont hav to worry about that.

you can remove lang packs and any unneed printer drivers if you wana free up a few gigs

3. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Pretty much the usual Mac health stuff. Calibrate your screen and battery.
    Import your iTunes stuff. :p
    Setup your accounts and everything. The process is sort of self-explanatory when you get into it for the first time. :):apple::apple:

4. ordo1980 macrumors member

This is a great thread. Should be pinned for all of us new to the mac world. One for home users and one for students.

I'm in the same boat. Just ordered a 13" 2.26 mbp for law school. I'm looking forward to having a great laptop for the next three years!!!

5. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/27016