To HOOOOT!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by will waters, Sep 26, 2011.

1. will waters macrumors regular

What is the usual temperature you laptop is because my one is very hot (it peaks at around 110'C) is there any way i can make it cooler

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Don't you mean 110F? The Intel processors used in Macs are designed to automatically shut down to prevent damage if they truly overheat (around 100C/212F - 105C/221F, depending on your processor).

3. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Mine usually gets around 120F or below... It's gotten warm but never hot (if that makes any sense). :rolleyes:

4. will waters thread starter macrumors regular

I mean 'C

I mean 'C, suppose it might be the app for reading it (istat nano). Or my CPU is going to dye very soon because it gets up to 110 everyone I use FCXP or after affects or other apps like that

5. bootloader macrumors newbie

that doesn't mean it won't throttle down to try and make it run cooler. it usually throttles down at a little over 90C and its really noticeable in games and other cpu intensive tasks.

Apple's fan management sucks, it waits some time running at high temp before kicking in the fans at a slightly higher rpm. i installed fan control and set my curve so it starts ramping immediately after it passes 70C and reaches max rpm at 80C, after doing that it gets to 78C peaks when gaming and rendering 3d comps in after effects/editing in final cut pro.

make sure your heatsink is clean and your thermal paste properly applied, that should take care of it.

my cpu average temp is around 45C running iTunes, safari, mail, chrome and some other light software and goes to ~65C when running windows 7 under parallels desktop 7.

so do not think its fine cause it has not experienced a thermal shutdown yet, you start losing performance way before thermal shutdown occurs.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it throttles just below the max, but the OP is reporting temps beyond the shutdown temps, which doesn't sound right.