To iPhone 3G, or not to iPhone 3G...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dantejoyce, Sep 1, 2008.

  1. dantejoyce macrumors newbie

    Sep 1, 2008

    So there seems to be a new mobile phone out from apple?

    I've never owned an iPhone but have coveted one for some time... but being British I decided to wait until they made it 3G and therefore like every other phone we have this side of the pond...

    But now there's cracks, dead screens, security problems, firmware updates (lack thereof) and also it doesn't seem to work as a mobile phone...

    So I thought it would be a good idea before rushing out and buying one to see what the general consensus on the matter is...

    So would you - right now- buy an iPhone 3G? Or would you wait for firmware updates, cracking plastic changes etc.

    I realise there are a million threads on the iPhone on these pages already, but most seem to be about specific problems and I haven't seen one where people just sum up where they stand as regards the iPhone at the moment.

    So there we go...
  2. JG271 macrumors 6502a


    Dec 17, 2007
    If you can afford it and really want one, then go for it. Don't forget that problems are more likely to be reported or posted here than satisfied customers.

    Personally, I'm not buying one right now since i don't have enough money and it doesn't really suit my needs. I have thought about buying one but it seems quite excessive for my personal situation.

    Also, the pay as you go version is released on the 16th of september if you are interested.
  3. QCassidy352 macrumors G4


    Mar 20, 2003
    Bay Area
    I would wait for some problems to be resolved, personally. I have a first gen iphone and will not upgrade until some problems get worked out (and even then I may hold out for the next generation).
  4. Schtumple macrumors 601


    Jun 13, 2007
    Buy a 1st Gen if you can, I've found there's not much in it against the 3G, apart from maybe a mild bump in signal.

Share This Page