To Jailbreak or Not to Jailbreak... That is the question?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Katin, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Katin macrumors regular

I'm really hesitant of Jailbreaking my iPhone 4 for a couple of reasons.

1. The last time I jailbroke my iPhone 3G, it was working fine for several months until I downloaded a free app from the App Store. My phone was acting very slow so I manually turned it off and then restarted it. After doing so it wouldn't go back to the Home Screen, it was going into this loop. Tried restoring the phone and was getting an error message from iTunes stating cannot restore. Googled it for the longest time on what I can do to fix it, no resolution... So I sold it to someone on Craigslist for $125 and a few weeks later he was able to get it working... I wish I knew what he did to fix it....

2. I already have what I really want which is Tethering. I jumped on that nice App called Handy Light for .99 cents, PLUS I have NetShare in which both apps are now gone..... But I really do want to download other apps out there but it's just a little too expensive. I know if I jailbreak my iPhone I wouldn't have to worry about that.

Decisions, Decisions..... hmmmmm...

Your Thoughts and maybe some related stories?

2. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

In regards to the issue you had with your old iPhone, you could've put it in DFU mode and restored it that way.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

tons of threads on this. personally I do your own research and then decide for yourself.only about 10-15% jb the rest go stock. personally I love JB and don't see myself being stock unless there choice. However you might hate it and I am fine with that. you can always try it and then go back by simply restoring. personally I think if you don't know if you want to jb then you shouldn't do it. research and understand it 1st then if you want it go for it.

4. Katin thread starter macrumors regular

[Ok, not to sound dumb but... how do you do that?]

LOL, scratch that. I tried restoring in DFU mode and still didn't work

5. Katin thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not scared to Jailbreak my phone, I just don't know if it would be worth it thats all. Most likely I'll probably will jailbreak it eventually. I usually wait about 2 weeks to find out if there any problems out there with it or not. Just like facetime and MMS.

6. c483125117 macrumors newbie

Hold down Power and Home screen button. Phone will reset. Keep holding until Apple logo shows up, then release power button only (keep holding down home screen button). Phone will go into DFU mode, allowing a restore from backup or full restore.

7. ZipZap macrumors 601

I think the question is...

When will it be safe to do so...

8. Katin thread starter macrumors regular

lol, safe... That's an Apple issue not a Jailbreak issue.. :)

9. Katin thread starter macrumors regular

lol, it's shouldn't be called Jailbreak anymore, it should be called LegalBreak :)

10. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Makes me glad I held onto my old 3G.

Jailbroke it last night, seeing first hand whether or not I can handle it.

LockInfo is the bomb.

(do people still say that?)

11. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sorry.

Doubletap

12. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Personaly I love jailbreaking but there is one thing I dont like and that is paying for things like lock info and mifi, it's a stupid thing I have but that's how I feel it's less than att for tethering but It still bugs me. Also I don't need lock info so I'm probably not going to jailbreak but I had all of my past iPhones jailbroken and also iPods but this time I'm not too shure. I'll ponder this for the next 3 days till I go on vacation