To jailbreak or not to jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by dckj95, Feb 4, 2009.

1. dckj95 macrumors member

Hey, I want to jailbreak my iPod touch 2g and I understand that redsnow is now available but only tethered. I can't decide whether to jailbreak or not to. I don't want my iPod to become a paperweight. So if you were in this position, would you jailbreak?
    Thanks in advance.

2. whitesn0w macrumors newbie

hey im in the same position i would give it a shot cos i did but not successful yet cant seem to get it into dfu mode. ive herd that its pretty hard to brick your ipod so i say go for it:)

3. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

It worked for me. You reboot your iPod so rarely that it doesn't really matter. Anyways, my MBP is never far from me so I can reboot it anytime I want in about 30 seconds.

4. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

If I were you, I'd just wait for the full version. Redsn0w Lite is kind of messy, but if you know what yo... u're doing it can be done with ease, and still not take too long.

The main downside is just having to do part of it again every time you reboot, and if you're there installing Cydia apps which require a reboot, it's not good. And if you're like me and you like to tun things off when you're not using them, it's also inconvenient.