To JB or not to JB, that's the ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mspacer, May 28, 2018.

1. mspacer macrumors newbie

mspacer

Hello!

I have stayed on 8.1.2 to maintain my JB, but the iOS is getting old.

I have blobs saved for iOS 10.3 and 11.1/11.2

I am now reading about ways to install 3rd party apps without a jailbreak. My main desires are to keep Facebook++ (which I can do without a jailbreak) and also keep the tweak that keeps badges off of folders. Right now, I'm using iconfolder for that.

I have done MUCH searching to try to understand what my options are. I'm not thrilled with semi-untethered, but I can't find ANY lists of what tweaks available via the various non-jailbreak methods to know my options are.

If someone can point my in the right direction, it wold be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

2. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

I don’t think they have a non jailbreak tweak for the badges on the folders. But you can upgrade to iOS 11.3.1 immediately before Apple stops signing it and there will be a jailbreak for it very soon. Probably next week.

3. mspacer thread starter macrumors newbie

mspacer

It seems that all the jb's now are semi-tethered, which seems like a real hassle now. What do you follow to get this info?

4. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

Brandon butch, thehackspot, everything apple pro all on YouTube. And coolstar on Twitter

5. mspacer thread starter macrumors newbie

mspacer

Thanks. Just saved the blobs.

6. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

No prob. Glad you got them before they stop signing it.

7. mspacer thread starter macrumors newbie

mspacer

8. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000

Brandonjr36

Thanks I’m on 11.3.1 now since my current device doesn’t have a jailbreak. I’m leaving my phone this software til I see what comes out at WWDC for iOS 12. I just want a few features like a dark mode, always on display, battery percentage shown on my iPhone X. And the volume box not to be in the middle of the screen.