To JB or Not?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GMaister22, Apr 30, 2012.

1. GMaister22 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i just got my iPhone 4S 16GB and im not sure if i should jailbreak it or not..

I previously had the 3GS jailbreaked and it was really slow, so im not sure..

What you guys recommend?

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I say go for it. If you don't like it then restore. The question is can you jailbreak it? If it's running iOS 5.1 then you can't

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Don't care one way or the other if you jailbreak, but a 4S is not slow, stock or jailbroken.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

I would say if you are not the type of person willing to learn about why and how to jailbreak along with trouble shooting on your own 1st. then please do yourself and us a favor and don't jailbreak. I'm honestly not trying to be rude though it might sound like it. there is so much info here and via google, youtube iclarified etc. that 99% of answers are out there if you look. ;) Personally I love my jailbreak and might not keep my iPhone with out it, but it's not for everybody.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

be warned...........

Once you do jailbreak your phone you will never be comfortable with a stock iPhone again !

I concur with labman.

Do lots of searches and watch some utube videos too.

Don't go downloading scores of tweaks blindly.
    Try to ensure one is compatible with another by doing some homework.

7. aicul macrumors 6502a

JB if you have a need for it and if JB responds to that need.

You are the only person that knows your need from your iPhone

8. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I agree with this wholeheartedly. JB if there's a specific tweak or Cydia app you need or want. If you do it just for the sake of doing it and you start downloading all kinds of different tweaks, you're bound to run into a problem.

Also keep in mind that there are already apps in the app store that only run on 5.1 like iPhoto. So now you have to take that into consideration.

I JB'd because I read a lot about intelliscreenx and bitesms. I then found a few other tweaks that were useful. But as time has gone by I realize I hardly ever use intelliscreenx and I could live without all the others. I've proven that to myself but removing almost all the tweaks I downloaded.

Back to the point, why do you want to JB? Give it careful consideration because it is also true that you may never be happy again with a stock iPhone and no one can predict when and IF there will be a next JB.