to join together several mp4 clips

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mauricemaurice, Jan 18, 2010.

1. mauricemaurice macrumors newbie

Hi,

MPEG Streamclip seems the obvious solution. I wrote to them the following email which is self explanatory:

Last week end, I made 20-odd video clips with my video camera and transferred them to my Intel Mac (running Tiger 10.4.11)
    The clips are in format MP4. I tried to join them into a single stream with MPEG Streamclip 1.8 by the following manoeuver:

1. play the first video (in MPEG Streamclip) and c to copy it all
    2. Bring the pointer back to the left end. (Opt <--)
    3. o to navigate to the second clip. Click just left of the pointer.. Press v to paste the first clip at the beginning of the second.
    4. Bring the pointer back to the left end. (Opt <--)
    5. o to navigate to the third clip, etc...

However, when I played the result, only the first 2 clips and the last clip showed.

Can you please tell me why all the clips in between were skipped?

I did not receive any reply. If anyone out there knows how to do it I would appreciate very much a tip.
    (The reason why I prefer not to use iMovie is that there is a loss of quality due to one or more conversions.)

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Your process is good, not sure about good in MPEGStreamClip, but if you try it in Quicktime it should work, though I don't know if it requires QuickTime Pro.

However, if you wish to try it, do basically the same steps you just said.

1. Open a clip in QT
    2. Open 2nd clip in a separate QT window.
    3. Use the apple+c to copy the 2nd clip
    4. Go back to the first clip, move the pointer to the end of the clip, then use apple+v to paste in the 2nd clip.
    5. Save as a new clip name.
    6. Edit in part 3 in the same way as above.
    7. Remember to save as you go...in case of mistakes.

Hope it helps,

Brian