To Keep Verizon Unlimited Data, Cancel Verizon Full Price Preorder, Line Up at Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christof, Sep 12, 2014.

1. christof macrumors 6502

Hi folks--

I purchase my iPhone full price without contract to keep Verizon Unlimited Data. I am out of contract. Can I go to Apple Retail, purchase the phone in-person on launch day at full price, and then cancel my Verizon preorder? Will Apple Retail even offer full price purchases on launch day? (Apple.com only permits 2-year promotional upgrades for those out of contract.)

I'm wondering if the equipment order in the Verizon queue will restrict my Apple Retail in-store launch day purchase.

Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't think apple will be selling phones at full price at launch day.

3. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

Spoke to Verizon. Purchase phone with a data plan at full retail on the verizon website. When you go to activate it have them transfer your current plan over to the new phone.

4. christof thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I recall from previous iPhone launches. I guess I'm stuck, waiting for my Verizon telesales preorder. I'm tempted to wait, but I'd be interested if anyone receives confirmation of full price iPhone for Verizon available at launch from Apple Retail.

I'd guess if I tried waiting at Verizon either (1) stock will be limited (Best Buy didn't have preorders for iPhone 6 Plus) or (2) they'll tell me to wait for my preorder.