to lion or not to lion?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by creepy crab, Aug 24, 2011.

1. creepy crab macrumors member

Hi, i just took delivery of my 21.5" 2.7 i5 imac :) surprisingly it has shipped with mac osx 10.6.6

have the initial lion bugs that were all over these boards been sorted with the latest update? or should i hold tight on SL for now? Cheers

2. stevendphoto macrumors member

I was in the same place as you, should I or shouldn't I upgrade, but I realized that the majority of the posts in this forum are to bitch about their problems, so I did it and guess what???

IT WORKS...!

Just go for it...!

3. creepy crab thread starter macrumors member

cheers man guess i'll jump in then! (excuse the microsoft strap line!)
    Annoyingly i've just noticed a dead pixel :mad: not thread relevant just to vent.

4. zarathu macrumors regular

zarathu

depends on how much software that you have that you already use and whether this software has any issues in LION. For example: Aperture's adjustment section runs very slowly in LION currently.

5. coolfactor macrumors 68040

You probably won't run into many bugs, but there's not a huge difference between Snow Leopard and Lion.

The biggest reason to switch to Lion will be to use applications that require it. Until then, I'd wait a little while longer. You're not missing anything.

6. Texran macrumors regular

Did you get the new keyboard

7. creepy crab thread starter macrumors member

Yeah i got the new keyboard with my order it just shipped with sl. I've upgraded now and i do like the feel of lion, but i guess time will tell.