to mac now or mac later

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gramps416, Feb 24, 2011.

1. gramps416 macrumors member

I have been waiting for a few months for a major refresh expecting major changes to buy my first MBP to replace an old laptop.

I am trying to decide whether to buy a 15" 2.0GHZ or to wait for the next gen. why? For me, I want to know what features I am not getting.

What main hardware features were people expecting for a major release?(realisticly). I was hoping for an extended keyboard, Bluray. Is that realistic?

Is there any info on approximate time on the next refresh? the summer? a year?
    -g

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No, no, and nobody knows.

3. 314631 macrumors 6502a

If Bluray is a deal-breaker for you then stick with Windows laptops. It's never going to be included with Apple machines. Sony has some gorgeous laptops that include Bluray. And they are starting to refresh their range with the latest Sandy Bridge processors Apple is now using.

4. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

I would pull the trigger on the said computer. Have you seen the initial benchmarks? Quite a monster. Apple certainly won't refresh this lineup until sometime in 2012. Will a redesign occurs then, who knows? But what beefs does everyone have with the existing design? I'd say, if you were waiting to buy it, now is a good time for this model. This machine will be relevant for many years.