To Mods: Why are my posts being deleted?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Flood123, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flood123 macrumors 6502a

Flood123

Why are my posts being deleted with no notification as to why? To my knowledge they are not in violation of any terms of use and could in no way be construed as offensive to other users. Am I missing something here? It has happened twice since yesterday. This is the thread in question.
    http://www.macrumors.com/2014/02/11/ebay-cancelling-flappy-bird-listings/

Please shed some light on this for me as I am at a loss.

2. simsaladimbamba

This is the actual thread.

As for your question, as moderation is not discussed publicly for specific cases, use the Contact Us form found via the link at the bottom of every MacRumors Forums page.

3. Flood123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Flood123

I did try the contact us link at the bottom of the page.this morning. Then a second deletion occurred. Even more mysterious than the first. I haven't heard back from the contact us attempt. I guess i will have to live in the dark till someone can get back to me. It's just really strange because i thought i was playing by the rules. I am not trying to be difficult. I just want to understand.

4. simsaladimbamba

As I do not know the posts, and the Contact Us form can take more than a day to get a reply, I can only speculate.
    Look at past moderation threads in this sub-forum to read replies by the mods why they delete posts. Sometimes they even get deleted, when something goes too off-topic.
    Since am quite a frequent poster, I might not have registered any deleted posts of mine, but I got messages from a mod in case I violated the rules or it seemed to violate a rule.

Relax, sit back, or go out, just be patient, they will get back to you, if not by PM as answer to your Contact Us request, it will be in this thread or as a PM depending on the reason why it got removed.

Have a good day, and do not think too much about that. If it would have been something grave, we all would have all been in Time-Out by yesterday.

5. Flood123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Flood123

Thanks for the response. It is appreciated.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sometimes posts can be deemed off topic, only contain a graphic/meme, etc

Or, sometimes it quotes/responds to a post that is deleted and wouldn't make sense to remain

There are too many variables to speculate :)

However, as stated above, the Contact Us form is the way to go, and you will get a response and explanation from that. It can take a day because it goes to the Admins and not to the Mods.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Please use the contact us if you have any questions regarding moderator actions. Due to our privacy policies we do not discuss moderator actions publicly.

I will as as MacDawg pointed out, there are a number of reasons why a post could have been deleted.

8. Flood123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Flood123

Maflynn,
    I do appreciate the information and help. This is something that has been said repeatedly and as you can see I did in fact use the contact us link at the bottom of the page 23 hours ago. As was suggested by simsaladimbamba, I am patiently waiting for a response.

9. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Since this is going to be handled as is appropriate via the contact system, I'll close this now.

Remember that although contacts can be answered within a working day or so, and that's certainly what we strive for, some contact messages can take up to several days. It depends on many variables, not all of them having to do with the contact itself. We're volunteers discussing contacts across time zones and in addition to our "day jobs", etc etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.