? To new Verizon iPhone users

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DashSatan, Apr 6, 2011.

1. DashSatan macrumors 6502

The topic has been beaten to death, I don't want to lend to it. But in a nut shell I'm contemplating waiting for 5 or getting the 4. To people on Verizon who have just recently gotten the 4 (and don't plan on selling it right away for the 5) how are you guys feeling? You happy with your purchase or a little worried the 5 might come out and you'll feel out of the loop? I know we still don't have a release, I'm just looking for an opinion on how you feel about getting your 4 so close to WWDC. because honestly I love everything about the 4 minus only wifi FaceTime and no multitasking during call. I'm thinking the 5 won't be a huge improvement, and if it is i feel like it'll be a ton more expensive, so I don't think it's a huge loss. Just wondering how you new v iPhone users feel.

2. TimShady macrumors member

I feel good about it. iOS 5 will just sweeten it even more. I have no regrets or second thoughts, especially with the rumors swirling that the next iPhone won't be out till Fall or later. Ultimately though, with WWDC in two months, it really just depends on how content you are with your current phone. Hope that helps.

3. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

A LOT of people have the iphone 4. It's gonna be a good phone for a long time. I just got the verizon iphone 4 a month or so ago, and I'll be good with it for a while.

As a side note, I've had just about every blackberry and android phone verizon had (by buying and selling on craigslist) over the last 2 years. I think I'm finally done with all that because of the iphone 4.

4. davidlw macrumors 6502a

I have the VZ iPhone4 and absolutely love it. No regrets at all. I have been waiting for the VZ version for years and now I finally have a phone that fits all of my needs.

5. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Just about. Not every one.
    8130, 8330, 9630, 9530, 9550, 8530, Droid Eris, incredible, motorola Droid, Droid x, palm pre plus, motorola devour.... That's all I can remember. Mostly just traded on craigslist.

My point is just that I like the iPhone the best.

6. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome. I really appreciate the input everybody. Yeah right now I have the moto droid1 but it's been acting up on me a lot and I just badly want a new phone and I'm a huge apple fan boy ha. I mean I got my iPad two months before the iPad 2 came out and I don't regret it at all so I'm hoping it'll go same for iphone

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Just got the iPhone 4 and I am very happy with my decision. The iPhone 5 is not going to be a huge change from the iPhone 4. I also did not feel like waiting until late summer/fall for the 5.

8. LbSigman macrumors member

I got my VZ iPhone on Feb. 24th and have been 100% happy. I came from being a Blackberry for the past 5 years and don't regret it at all. Speeds are decent (average 1200kbps peaked at 1600kbps once), but I really don't have much to compare to coming from a Blackberry Bold 9780 on T-Mobile that just refused to stay on 3G, always on Edge; this is even after 5 replacements and numerous service tickets and living in the Los Angeles area. Finally convinced them to let me go without paying the ETF. My bill with VZ is actually about $10 cheaper a month due to the company I work for was once "Verizon".

9. Geffen macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E128 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have the iPhone 4 on Verizon and it's much better than the Droid Eris I had. I didn't want to wait for the iPhone 5 to be released.

10. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Just out of curiosity, how is everyones battery life?

11. Jeremy08 macrumors regular

****ing amazing!! Usually 2 days at least without charging.

12. irDigital0l Guest

umm...the phone I had before my verizon iphone

-no games/apps
    -no internet
    -no retina/good display
    -fat
    -2 MP camera
    -non touch screen

yea...and remember than a new iphone comes out every year...its stupid to wait for the newest one...because next year there's just going to be a new one...

13. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Serious or sarcastic?

14. Jack105 macrumors member

I got mine on release date, coming from a blackberry storm 1, and the moment I left the apple store I couldn't put it down and I still can't put it down. I love this phone, it just works and it does everything I could want it to. Plus it is super sexy phone. I love just looking at the screen.

I was on here a lot before I go the phone and all I ever heard was "wait till the 5!" Well I didn't and I am completely happy with my decision. I had been waiting for years for the iphone on VZW and I just had to do it. If the 5 comes out with all the rumors swirling around I still would not regret my decision. And yeah iOS5 will only sweeten it.

15. patp Guest

+1
    I had the Eris too. Stock it's a terrible phone. I rooted mine and it was usuable. But the iPhone 4 is just leaps and bounds above. Can't compare.

16. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Love it!!

Coming from Droid X, this phone is much better for me. It should run IOS 5 when it comes out, so get it now and enjoy it.

17. EvilEvil macrumors 6502a

EvilEvil

I would wait, but if your current phone is driving you insane, then get one. My Droid Eris was so slow and unpredictable. I was eligible for an up early upgrade and someone am eligible for a new upgrade next year. So no loss for me :cool:

18. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I'll wait till WWDC then see what happens.

19. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

I shelled out for iPhone 4 on Verizon cause its a nice device.

My decision is that if the iPhone 5 is worth it, I will just use another upgrade.

20. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

I just remembered that since it is most likely gonna be on 4g I'm not gonna do it. Cause I don't feel like paying the extra a month for a 4g plan, I'm content with 3g. I think I'll just go with the iPhone4

21. oneijose macrumors regular

oneijose

I had a wackberry Drizzle (storm) and I hate that POS!!! I love my Iphone 4 on VZW!! No regrets!!

22. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

I have wanted an iPhone since it first came out. I think about it friggin' daily!! I still don't have one. Been thinking of just getting the iPhone 4 and stop waiting for iPhone 5, but I keep hearing all these battery/alarm clock/iOS 4.3 issues so I have not plunged the $200 on one yet.

I looked at all of Verizon's phones and THEY ALL SUCK!! There was not one there that I liked and thought was decent quality. I slam my girlfriend's AT&T all the time (I had them 6-7 yrs ago, they were HORRIBLE) but at least they have decent phones to choose from. The only ones I'd get on Verizon would be smartphones. All the "feature" phones are rated under 4 stars.

23. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

It seems I will either just get a new battery for my old Motorolla w755 and pretend "Apps" dont exist or just get a friggin' iPhone. lol

24. Jack105 macrumors member

You won't regret it.

I know it's all rumors on here, but the consensus is leaning towards the iphone 5 not having 4G capabilities.

25. jaylay0707 macrumors member

I would just go for it. The iPhone 4 is a gorgeous phone, and you will love it. I have a couple of friends that will wait 6 months for the iPhone 5, but all they are doing is depriving themselves of not having an iPhone. Can't blame them, I used to be the same way :)