To pre-order or not to pre-order...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ngaham, Sep 11, 2015.

1. ngaham macrumors regular

ngaham

I did pre-order last year for the first time and said I wouldn't do it again. However, the appeal of not waiting in line is nice. My dilemma is that I work on the 25th from 1400-2200 and won't get the phone until I get off of work. If I go and wait in line, I'll get the phone early AM. I have a UPS my choice account, will they hold in for an AM pickup on release day?

2. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

If you do the UPS hold it won't go on the UPS truck and will more than likely be available when the UPS hub opens (my local hub usually opens at 8:00am).

3. ngaham thread starter macrumors regular

ngaham

That's what I've decided to do actually after some more research. I'm going to pre-order tonight from Apple and hope they ship it via UPS.

4. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Yes UPS will have it in the morning waiting for you on launch day. Have your tracking number and ID matching the address that it is being shipped to.

5. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

Preordering has become half the fun for me. Last year I'm the T-Mobile preorder thread, even though it was crazy, it was like one big support group.

6. ngaham thread starter macrumors regular

ngaham

My only worry is that my order will be shipped via FedEx and not UPS.

7. tjleonard macrumors 6502

8. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

You should be able to do the same thing with fedex. It really is a crapshoot because apple uses both for iPhone shipments.

9. ngaham thread starter macrumors regular

ngaham

Well, lol, I only get 5 sick days a year and I've used 4 already. I've only got 1 until the end of May.