To Preorder or To Wait @ Apple Store Launch

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eddiexhart, Mar 7, 2012.

1. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

I'm currently debating. Going to Store Launches are exciting but LONG.
    Is everybody preordering or going to their local Apple Store launch?
    What to do what to do... I have enough money for a Black WiFi 16GB.
    hmmm :confused:

2. jackhdev macrumors 6502

Preorder it. Then you will have one on launch day. Standing in line is long and you may not even be given the opportunity to give Apple your money.

3. Indigovalley macrumors member

I stood in line for the iPad 2 and I am really glad I could preorder this year. It guarantees I will get the model/color I want and I will get it the very same day as the launch in stores.

Last year at Walmart I waited in line only to find out they only had the most expensive models--that was not fun.

I don't see an advantage to standing in line unless it's something you particularly enjoy for some reason.

4. EIGHTYTHREE macrumors member

EIGHTYTHREE

easy decision to me..preorder. Doesn't anyone have to work anymore. Why would anyone waste time waiting in line is beyond me. But you asked the question, and my answer is preorder it and enjoy the free time of not being in line somewhere looking desperate!

5. CH34P3T macrumors regular

I'm having it delivered to my house just so I don't have to hassle with waiting in lines.

6. advan031 macrumors 6502

Pre-order especially if you have a job and can't take off work to line up...lol

7. icydog macrumors member

Preorder. I just makes sense especially if you've ever been in an apple store after a launch.

8. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

I'm really surprised the online Pre Sale is still showing a March 16 date.

9. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Yeah, just checked that myself out of curiosity (preordered mine earlier today). I'd guess the date won't move as fast as it did for the iPhone as this purchase is significantly more expensive and tablets are generally not as essential for most people while nearly everyone uses a cell phone.

And to answer the OP, definitely preorder--standing in line is a chaotic pain the a$$. Plus, there's always the chance it comes a day early :D (my iPhone 4 arrived the day before the in store launch).

10. JEM6 macrumors newbie

JEM6

Is it a possibility to preorder it for pickup at a retail store and wait in line to pick it up? I enjoy Apple retail launches, but don't know if I should preorder it or just buy it on the spot.

11. rosemary1 macrumors regular

Normally I would just go to my local Apple store and get it done with without having to worry about delivery promises and such, but I'm out of town on the 16th (and I'm not spending my time out-of-town time in line at a different Apple Store), so I pre-ordered online.

12. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

Yes, this option is now available to preorder and pickup at a retail store.

13. nfl46 macrumors 603

Pre-Order. Not sure about you, but I'd rather open my front door and receive my iPad then go back in bed than stand in line for hours.

14. PCClone macrumors 6502a

I waited in line for the iPad 2. It was a good time and I met some cool people. Can't take off work this time so did the preorder. Now I just have to figure out when to be home to sign for it.

15. utl768 macrumors 6502

neither

ill wait 2 weeks and get it in store and avoid the nutjobs on release date

16. MR1324 macrumors 6502

i've done both. preorder is so much easier and convenient.

17. Akack macrumors 6502a

Preordered already. I can think of many ways to spend my time than stand in line for hours on end.

18. cashville2400 macrumors member

cashville2400

When I was ordering mine earlier I noticed that you could presign for it on apple's website if you wanted to. That way you don't have to be there.