To programmer: Can you edit code on iPad and found that Smart Keyboard is great tool?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sillythink, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Sillythink macrumors member

I am thinking should I get the Smart Keyboard as it can also act like a cover. The pencil is useless and no point for me.

However I/We should all got a notebook for real coding and compile. Any apps and the smart keyboard can turn iPad pro into a real pro machine????

2. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

I've been using Coda pretty heavily on my 12.9" Pro and it's great. I'm primarily programming in Java and PHP so compile and test on my MacBook Pro or iMac, but this has been extremely useful for me.

3. Sillythink thread starter macrumors member

Seems that even you can code on iPad via Coda, the compilation still a problems.

4. gr2020 macrumors member

I write code all the time on my 12.9" Pro, using Coda and a remote VPS as a development workstation. I wrote about it here:

http://www.rassoc.com/gregr/weblog/2016/01/25/web-development-with-ipad-pro/

I absolutely _love_ the smart keyboard when writing code. You can use the same keyboard shortcuts (e.g. opt+left, cmd+left, etc) as the Mac, so it's pretty quick to navigate around.