To Redsn0w or not to Redsn0w?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Zord, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

So I have updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 4.2.1 and I am trying to decide if I should jailbreak with Redsn0w or not. . .

I didn't save any SHSH blobs from 4.1 and from what i'm reading on the DEV-TEAM's blog this may be my only option for a jailbreak for a WHILE.

I need some educated experienced help, should I go the Redsn0w route or wait till the Dev-Team releases an Untethered jailbreak?

Thanks!

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

if you're the patient type, then wait for it, if not then do the tethered JB.

3. Zord thread starter macrumors 6502

Zord

Well even being patient it may not help. . . this was taken directly from the Dev-Team's blog:
    @comex is working hard on a method that may untether the 4.2.1 jailbreak, but it will require you to have your 4.1 SHSH blobs in order to use it. No word on how much more effort it will take though.

Since I don't have my SHSH Blobs from 4.1(Didn't know I had to till it was too late) I could potentially be waiting a long time. As would anyone that didn't save theres either.

4. gage006 macrumors regular

gage006

If you don't mind the semi-tether and don't need or want an unlock, I see no reason not to upgrade right now. Even if you DO have your SHSH saved. You can always rejailbreak once the untethered version comes out.

5. Chromus macrumors regular

I'm in the same situation. So far I'm holding out for an untethered version that wont require 4.1 SHSH blobs. It's a tough wait, but I feel like it's the better option than going for a tethered jailbreak.

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

My vote go for waiting, tethered JB on a iPhone is just a pain. (an ipad is a bit more tolerable since rebooting is not that often).

7. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

At least the JB is semi-tethered, where a reboot will still leave you with a functioning phone. It is better than nothing for 4.2.1, especially if you don't have your SHSH blobs.

8. Zord thread starter macrumors 6502

Zord

I'm just gonna wait for the Untethered jailbreak. . . . Wheres GeoHot? LOL!

9. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

After the whole Limera1n/GreenPois0n debacle he crawled back under his rock.