To restore or not to restore?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touchman, Jun 19, 2008.

1. touchman macrumors member

My iphone has been running like a dream since i ziphoned it 3 months ago, and it still is but earlier i installed a chrome theme for it from installer which changes loads of stuff from the unlock slider to the dial pad i didn't like it so i got rid and all was back to normal, or so i thought! it's only a small prob but when you press the ipod icon and you get the playlists, artists, songs, videos and more buttons at the bottom the songs button is blacked out, the text is fine but when your not on songs the musical symbol is black, it's fine when your on songs it turns blue like it should, this is a bit annoying but very minor, i realy dont want to restore what you all suggest?

2. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

I think you should restore it. its a good idea to restore every once and a while when you jailbreak your iPhone because it can get buggy. Once you restore and re-jailbreak itll be good as new. Right now you probably have downloaded and then deleted a lot of apps so you will have lost some space because everything isn't completley deleted. THeres nothign wrong in restoring, only that you will have to redownload your apps.

3. touchman thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice, i think i'll restore then, re-installing my apps wont be a problem as i don't have many it's just all my contacts thats gonna be a problem manualy putting each one back on, is there a way to back up my contacts?

4. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

if you have a mac, all your contacts go into the AdressBook app, on a PC i beleive you can use Microsoft Outlook. not sure though. good luck