To rMBP Owners Using Safari - Scroll Lag

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macNewbie02, Jul 31, 2012.

1. macNewbie02 macrumors regular

Hey,

I have base retina model for more than a week and have freshly installed ML after formatting my partition.

I have encountered that the scrolling-lag issue talked about over and over again on Safari is actually related to how much zoom you're on a page.

For me, as long as I'm in Actual Size(Command+O) I probably have zero lag, and if I have some lag it's a non-issue for me.

However, most of the times I don't like surfing the web on Actual Size, but like to Zoom In(Command + +). Now, that's when webpages start to get really laggy!

I'd like to hear what are your impressions on Safari Scroll-Lag-Due-To-ZoomIn?

2. jeutie macrumors member

jeutie

Except for Facebook, I don't notice any real scrolling lag at all on my base model RMBP, even whilst zooming. Do note that I don't "quickly" scroll as I'm reading, scrolling down slowely but with no lag whatsoever.

However, I do notice some occasional stutter whilst going back and forth between spaces or just using some of the multi-touch gestures in general. I guess it was to be expected when the integrated graphics try to push this many pixels. :)