To sell or lock in?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zepaw, Jun 3, 2010.

  1. Zepaw macrumors 65816


    Apr 18, 2010
    My first reaction to the data plan rate changes was thank god my iPad has unlimited. Then of course I found a story pointing out the iPad will be affected the same. I was already getting close to selling my 3G iPad for a wifi one because I want to cut down on my various monthly charges. I let my 3G lapse a few days ago to help with deciding if I should sell and buy a wifi or get 3G back. Now I have half a week to make the decision. I am an active user when 3G is on so I want unlimited or nothing. This changes pushes me away from renewing 3G because I love being able to let it lapse if I feel I will have no use for the 3G for a while. Descisions Decisions. :(

    Any advice?
  2. ZBoater macrumors G3


    Jul 2, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Keep the 3G. 2GB of occasional access is better than no access when you are out of wifi range. :cool:
  3. JodyK macrumors 6502a


    Jan 29, 2010
    Northern Atlanta suburbs
    Keep it ... Or sell it to me and take a loss! :)

    Seriously only you know how much data you use SO
  4. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

    Jan 28, 2008
    Why would you sell the 3G and buy a WiFi only? The 3G is still capable of using WiFi.

    If you're willing to go WiFi only you can probably afford to accept a lower data rate anyhow...
  5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

    Chupa Chupa

    Jul 16, 2002
    Unless you can get what you paid, including tax, you don't really "save" anything by selling at a loss then buying a WiFi model. If you don't use the 3G ever again, you are $130 down the hole. And really, you still have 3G for a true "emergency" even if you decide not to subscribe.

Share This Page