To sell or not to sell, that is the question?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kpashko, May 31, 2012.

1. kpashko macrumors newbie

Hey guys! I am a late 2011 iMac 27" 2.7 i5Ghz, 16G Ram, 512Mb GPU. I was just offered $1600 for it and I am seriously thinking about it. I am getting married and will be out of the country for two months so I won't need a computer during that time. I use the iMac for photoshop, gaming and school. It has really delivered in terms of photoshop and school but when it comes to gaming I feel like it is very lackluster. I realize it due to the 512Mb GPU. Do you guys think I should sell it and hope that the new 27" iMac coming out soon has 1Gig of video memory, or should I just chill out and stop gaming (which will probably die down a lot now that I am getting married haha). I am still in college so I would get a discount when I go to purchase again and I really don't want to drop any more cash. Let me know what you guys think. Sorry it was a long winded explanation.

2. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

If I knew I wouldn't need it for a while anyway, I'd take that deal and buy a 2012 when I got back.

3. Mr Rogers macrumors regular

Sell

If you have been offered more cash than a refurbished model costs from Apple Store, SELL IT.

Whilst on paper 16G of RAM seems good, point is it now costs US$80.00 for 16G of RAM - your GPU leaves a lot to be desired and 2012 update, at least on the GPU-side offers great potential.

Given the high-end 27in refresh should cost US$2,000 - sell your existing machine ASAP and upgrade to a 2011 i7 upon your return of top end i5 model for a few bucks extra - either option offers 3 years of good value use - so take the opportunity to sell now and upgrade later.

4. Crazy82 macrumors member

5. B.A.T macrumors 6502

Sell now and in a couple of months you can probably buy this year's i7 for $1499 at Macmall with no tax.