To sell or not to sell?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PowerGamerX, Sep 23, 2010.

?

So what should I do.

1. Sell the PowerBook

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Sell the iPad

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Sell the PowerBook and iPad and buy a used Air

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Keep the iPad and PowerBook and use each when appropriate.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

Okay, no I'm not trying to sell my iPad here on the forum's. I'm just looking for a little advice. Back when the iPad first came out, I waited untill the day after release weekend to try and score one and they had a 64gb left. The one I wanted. So I bought it.

Now, I've recently bought a replacement battery for my PowerBook G4. So now I really don't need my iPad for anything.

I mean, I really like it, iWork is great on it, as is just picking it up to read the newest Mac Rumors news or play a game of Dinosaur Hunter waiting in the car mechanic lobby.

Problem is, since I got my battery replaced in my PowerBook. I find I hardly touch the iPad. Part of it is also fingerprints, it looks so lovely on my desk without them, but I hate the idea of having to clean it after I use it.

I'm worried if I sell it I'll end up regretting it. It only got some use when I was tethered to a wall with the PowerBook, now it gets even less.

I'm worried if I sell my PowerBook, which is in fantastic condition with the box. I'll regret it too though. Both hardly get a ton of use now though. Maybe a half hour to an hour a week between the two.

So what should I do MacRumors?

Edit: Also, I've considered selling both for a used MacBook Air. However, if I sell the iPad, I'd get a 32gb 3GS right off the bat too. I had a 3G, but i hated it compared to how my friends, parents, and all sorts of other random people's 3GS's work. I think mine had a screen defect.

2. graystone macrumors newbie

I definitely think you should sell the iPad. To me. LOL

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I think you should sell both and get yourself a new macbook or low end macbook pro.

4. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Do not sell your 64gb iPad, you are blessed to be able to afford it and own it. My advice, hold on to it.