To sell or not to sell

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
So I like me iPad 2 and I use it a lot but I will want iPad 3 for sure. So should I sell it right now for good price? When would you expect iPad 3?

JeffMorse

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
I'd think you will get more for it sooner rather than later. I would imagine there will be a lot more used ipad 2's on the market once the 3 is announced. That would drive the price down. Will the difference be drastic? No way to know for sure.

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
I'd think you will get more for it sooner rather than later. I would imagine there will be a lot more used ipad 2's on the market once the 3 is announced. That would drive the price down. Will the difference be drastic? No way to know for sure.
I think I sell it in mid february. Thank you.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
So I like me iPad 2 and I use it a lot but I will want iPad 3 for sure. So should I sell it right now for good price? When would you expect iPad 3?
Why would you ask people in this forum to make choices for you?

It is not even for sure these will be a iPad 3 or even when it would be introduced. Everyone was fooled with the non-introdcution of the iPhone 5! So many knew for SURE the 5 was coming! LOL!

Just enjoy your iPad2 for now and relax.

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
I see. And what would you do, sell right now or later for less profit?
what i did was buy an ipad 2 last week! i want one now, theres no point spending your life waiting for the next one or youll never enjoy anything.

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
I sold my IPad 1 and have a 460.00 apple gift card waiting for 3, my current ipad2 will be put in a apple gift card for a iPad 4.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I would wait.
Yes I would wait too. Sell now and get a few more $ but do without an iPad for a while. Sell later and get a little less but consider it "rent money" for using the iPad until you replace it.

While Feb to Apr are the most likely time frame for the iPad 3 one thing is for sure. No one posting on this forum knows exactly when it will be released.

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
I sold my IPad 1 and have a 460.00 apple gift card waiting for 3, my current ipad2 will be put in a apple gift card for a iPad 4.
How do you exchange your iPad for a gift card? can this be done for other devices as well?

SHAWNYMAC

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
JERSEY SHORE
well.....i just sold mine for 550.00 it was an 32gb in white in mint shape had it since july....
i'll wait a month and just use my 4s in the time being....
no brainer to sell now before they drop ,especially when they will be a lot cheaper from apple....

imeth

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
what i did was buy an ipad 2 last week! i want one now, theres no point spending your life waiting for the next one or youll never enjoy anything.
I love her attitude..... Live life for the moment

imeth

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
well.....i just sold mine for 550.00 it was an 32gb in white in mint shape had it since july....
i'll wait a month and just use my 4s in the time being....
no brainer to sell now before they drop ,especially when they will be a lot cheaper from apple....
Where did u sell it for $550

SHAWNYMAC

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2008
JERSEY SHORE
CL....posted it up sunday morning and got a bunch of bs messages and then this kid emailed me and he was coming over for it....got rid of it last nite....
they are gonna drop sell em while you can to get top dollar.....