All iPads To sell or not to sell?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tl01, Oct 26, 2013.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

For my self, I have an iPad 3 and a mini. I plan to get the retina mini when it is released. At that time I will sell the mini. I'm thinking I should just sell the 3 as well. I kept it to enjoy movies etc with the retina screen but I hardly use it. It seems the new mini will fill both needs. I just bet as soon as I sell it that I'll wish I had it back. Any reason to keep an iPad 3 if you have a retina mini?

----------

Of course once I posted... I thought of a downside.... My husband occasionally takes my iPad 3 with him on business trips. He might miss being able to do that. He loves the battery life on airplanes compared to his laptop. If he has lots of reading to do... Then he puts in the info in drop box and then downloads it to the iPad 3 before he leaves. Maybe I should ask him first;).

2. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i sold my iPad 3 a while ago. so obviously i'm in the boat of selling. the price on the 3 is rapidly dropping.

3. Kendo macrumors 68000

I sold my iPad 3 32GB last week for $350 on CL and feel so relieved that I got to sell the "bastard child" iPad. It lagged tremendously even just browsing Apple's main iPhone website.

I took a $300 loss but considering I had it since launch (March 2012), I got a full 19 months of use out of it and literally used it every day for hours upon hours. Breaking down to $16 a month or 50 cents a day, I completely got my money's worth.

I also learned a major lesson with the 3. I used my iPad 95% of the time solely for Internet and Netflix so I will always get the base model from now on.

If I had the iPad 4, I most certainly would skip the Air and get next year's model with Touch ID.

4. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

I sold my 1 year old iPad mini 16gb for $295 last week. Almost recovered the entire cost after 1 year.

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

See with my kids iPad minis, I think I'll go with a larger size. When we are out, between the two of them... They blast through my 4gb of data on my iPad as a hot spot. I would like to be able to add more content on to their iPads. I spend a lot if time deleting stuff and putting more on.

I don't have a laptop anymore so I'm just trying to figure out if a mini will be good enough. I want to sell my oldest son's iPad 2 and mini and get him the retina mini. I kept his 2 bc he wears glasses and I thought the larger screen would be better for reading but he hardly uses it.

6. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

That's an awesome price!

7. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

Sale now. Prices are dropping. Sold my 16gb iPad 3 last week on amazon for $345 mint conditions. Replacing that with a silver 16gb iPad air. If it wasn't for the iPad 3 lagging so much on iOS 7 I would have stay put with it. But honestly the iPad air with a7/64 bit is future proof for now and I expect no lag like my 5 and now 5S.