To share a user account or not

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by claimed4all, Oct 6, 2008.

1. claimed4all macrumors 6502

The wife and I bought a new Macbook about 5 weeks ago, an upgrade from a 12" G4 Power Book. We shared a user account before. So the question is should I split them up or no? The reasons for not splitting is iTunes and iPhoto library, but from what I read they can both be shared with read/write rights. But what about the address book, can that be shared with read/write? Also she uses safari and I use firefox, keeps items a little separate. For others out there in my situation, how do you go about it?

2. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

Our situation is a little different: we have different computers and we share an iTunes library that's on a network volume. Same with our iPhoto library. We use Daylite for our contacts and such, which syncs with our respective iCals and Address Books.

3. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

it is loads easier to have separate accounts.

4. claimed4all thread starter macrumors 6502

How is it loads easier? I still am not convinced, although I may gave it a try tonight. Would really like to hear some more input on how people handle this.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

I've not seen a way to have multiple accounts on the same Mac use a central Address Book or iCal. :confused: