To ship or in store pick up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleTecFan, Sep 11, 2014.

?

To Ship or Pick up

1. Ship

28 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Pick up

21 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. AppleTecFan macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

Would it be better to ship it to my door or pick it up in store launch day? Planning to order an iPhone tonight and no sure what option to choose. Am I likely to receive my iPhone earlier than the actually launch day or the day of with shipping

2. pragmatous macrumors 65816

If you want to stand in line for hours and hours select "pick up at store" if you want your phone without having to stand in line for hours and hours select "ship to resident" :p :apple:

3. err404 macrumors 68020

I plan to pick up at the store. An Apple store is 10 mins from my house, and the initial line will be gone after the first few hours in the morning. Sure the store will be mobbed with people looking at the floor models, but the sales rep should be free and I will be able to check out accessories while I'm there.

4. AFDoc macrumors 68030

In store pick up is the way to go IMHO. You get it first thing in the am, don't need to worry about missing a shipper and you get to laugh at all the fools too dumb to pre-order waiting in line for hours.

Not sure what store you go to but every time I've ever done pick up it's been no longer than a 10-15 minute wait.... go an hour after the store opens and you'll most likely be able to walk right in and get it. They do have 2 separate lines you know.

5. nandopr macrumors regular

nandopr

I will request to be shipped to my residence. I have UPS call "My UPS choice" service.

If Apple use UPS for my order I will get the tracking number and request to "hold" the package at the UPS facility. Will be there in the morning to get it.

If they use Fedex then I will wait at home.

The reason I don't go to the store is that the line is too long at my local Apple store.

6. AppleTecFan thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

Can anyone comment on past shipping experiences with pre-ordering iPhone's?

7. memo90061 macrumors 6502

If one chooses to pick up at the store, can you pick it up some other day?

8. AppleTecFan thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

Added a poll for people who dont want to post a reply

9. herdinoh macrumors regular

which country do you live?

10. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

FYI apple generally does not allow the carrier to hold at a depot or store location either at all or until at least one delivery attempt has been made, especially when they release new products.

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Pickup for me. Not only are we moving on the 25th (shouldn't be an issue but want to be safe), I can also avoid sales tax. :cool:

12. nandopr macrumors regular

nandopr

Oh, I did not know. Thanks for letting me know! Then, home delivery it is.

13. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

I just preordered an iPhone 6 Plus at my local carrier. Delivery 09/19/2014. It's way more convenient than waiting in line. And you get it roughly at the same time.

14. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I'm getting mine shipped. I waited in line for the iPhone 5. It was fun, but I think I'll take the easy way for this one. I'm not a student anymore either, so I probably shouldn't show up late for work so I can pick up a new phone.

It'll be waiting for me when I get home.

15. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Pick up for me. Rather eliminate the middle man, and Apple store launches are fun to attend.

16. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I am going to get it shipped, but I am going to try to change the shipping address to my work after the order is placed. I hope I am able to do that.

17. AppleTecFan thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleTecFan

I guess the odds of recieving the iPhone before the release is really unlikely, was surfing through old iPhone shipping threads and most people recieve day of. So most likely I am going to do pick up