To slow for iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xela24678, Jul 22, 2010.

1. xela24678 macrumors regular

hey guys, when I tested my network speed on 3G, it said 0.17 Mbps for download and 0.84 Mbps for upload. I don't know much about this but isn't that to slow for an iPhone 4?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its not too slow for an iphone 4.
    The iphone is not the carrier or the network that produces the data speed. Its just a cellphone that connects to AT&Ts network.
    If there's any issues with slow speeds its up to AT&T and all that varies and depends on the area that you live, network congestion, if you're getting good signal etc....

3. xela24678 thread starter macrumors regular

well, I was using my 3G data to get an app and it took like 10 minutes!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Do you get good and strong 3G signal?
    Are you inside a building or basement?
    There's many reasons why you could get slow speeds.
    Is your area usually pretty fast with AT&T 3G? Test it out again at a few different locations and times of the day.
    If its still that slow talk to Apple.

5. xela24678 thread starter macrumors regular

the 3G signal was good, I am in my house, the 3G speed by where I live is pretty fast. the highest that I have gotten using 3G is 1.74 Mbps for downloading and 1.1 Mbps for uploading with a ping of 410 ms. My highest with wifi is 4.8 Mbps for downloading and 0.58 Mbps for uploading with a ping of 112 ms.

if it is way to slow, I am going to talk with apple.

6. DaveAmbler macrumors member

DaveAmbler

The speed will vary depending how many people are using the network. You said yourself that you have seen higher speeds, so I'd put it down to high user numbers.

7. xela24678 thread starter macrumors regular

I have done different test at different times and at different places. all have good 3G signal and I continue to get around 1.3 Mbps. Any ideas. i called apple and they said to do a network reset. I did but it continues. :confused: