To tempered glass screen protector or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Sep 28, 2015.

?

would you screen protector the S?

1. yes

91 vote(s)
    79.8%
  2. no

23 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Had a tech armor tempered glass ballistic screen protector on my 6+, worked well, clarity mostly excellent.

I just don't like seeing the outline in relation to the front curves, the raw open face looks much better aesthetically with my Magpul on for my 6s+

anyways,

do it or dont this time? i'm torn but leaning towards no and being more careful :D

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Bought a cheap 2 pack of glass protectors on Amazon. Hardly know it's there. .33mm. Doesn't effect 3D Touch.

3. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

6. TechnicallyTee macrumors demi-god

TechnicallyTee

I have the same protector I had on my 6 Plus which is the Tech Armor ballistic glass and it has zero affect on 3D Touch.

7. Silver Idaten macrumors 6502

I'm satisfied with Tech Armor film, mostly because every time I tried to put glass on it lifts from the edges or from the corner. I'm just looking to protect from scratches, I have cases and AppleCare for drops that rarely happen.

8. zone23 macrumors 68000

I don't know every time I install one of these I just end up ripping it off a day later.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

To me. The risk of a rainbow scratch is far worse than the annoyance of a protector. And if it's done right, you can't even tell its there.

10. sumiregusa macrumors member

sumiregusa

I bought the Spigen Rounded Edge Glass Screen Protector from Amazon for my 6S+ and it's arriving tonight so I will let you know how it goes/how I like it. :)

11. mutantblack macrumors regular

Have installed cheap no brand glass screen protector. I can't do plastic protector after went to glass protector route. Definitely smoother and clearer.

12. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

^^^ that iFlash company has a 3 pack of glass screen protectors for $9.99

good deal, wondering if it's any worse than the Tech armor I had. $7.95 for one isn't bad either, but one shot to get install right if I do go screen protector route again is a lot of pressure.

13. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

How did I miss that! Alright, going to pick up the 3pack for a spare.

14. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

15. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

I am enjoying my Zagg glass...I feel like it smudges less than the screen itself.

16. Conan86 macrumors 6502

You won't be able to be satisfied with a normal screen protector after using a tempered glass

17. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

The poll is really tempered glass or nothing at all, traditional screen protector isn't of interest to me :D

18. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

The only thing I miss about the power support anti glare is the smoothness of the matte when your hands are wet. In high humid areas glass gets a little tacky.

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I used a screen protector for the first time on my 6 plus. It is a glass one from Spigen and I love it.

20. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Sprint gave my wife and I InvisibleShields (Zagg Glass) earlier this year. I've never used screen protectors before but I was very impressed. We are upgrading now and waiting on delivery of our phones so in the meantime I have ordered another set for my wife and I.

Expensive, but worth it I think. I dropped my 6+ and cracked the screen a week ago. The screen broke but the Zagg InvisibleShield did not. It was interesting because while waiting to have the screen replaced, my screen, because of the shield was still smooth. All that shattered glass beneath was not an issue.

So, Zagg has us as customers now.

http://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/invisibleshield

21. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Nothing at all.

I am tired of putting these protectors on and compromising the beautiful smooth rounded edges and slick glass of a naked screen. So it gets micro scratches that can't even be seen unless tilted a certain degree of angle. I am tired of spending all this money on cases and screen protectors for the next guy to have a beautiful iPhone on a resale.

I got AC+, I'll enjoy the phone the way it was meant to be this time around...nekkid

22. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

That's a good point ^

I don't have AC+ but the raw glass feel is nice

going no case is not an option, but screen protector i'm meh about

23. zone23, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015

zone23 macrumors 68000

Decided to cancel my order I don't like screen protectors. Jump! and AC+ should be all the protection I need.

24. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

25. ipooed macrumors 6502

ipooed

I just go with the cheap plastic? ones I ordered 50 from China for $3 so I just replace every month or so, when the scratches start to affect the view of the screen.