To the bumper haters

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PNutts, Jun 26, 2010.

1. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I just got my bumpers and they are much different than I expected. I guess I didn't look at the pics close enough and believed (as discussed here) that they were just silicone bands. Not so. There is hard plastic embedded in in certain spots. The thing is actually mostly "rigid" and reminds me of those Speck candyshell (?) cases. The shiny plastic is a nice surprise around the edges as I was expecting 100% matt silicone.

The raised edge all the way around both the front and back will keep the thing from squirting out of my hands (like it almost did when I was wiping the screen off before putting the bumper on).

These things are definitely well engineered for the phone. The bottom is plastic with openings for the speaker / microphone / dock which makes for very precise tolerances. The top openings for the headset / microphone are actually in silicon but because of the plastic "frame" they are dead center and unmovable. Very nice due to the tiny top microphone hole.

I've always used 100% silicone cases for iPhones and Palms and didn't mind the "sloppy" feel. The ones from Belkin were too slick for me. Anyway, no worries if they aren't for you. I just wanted to get one more opinion out here from someone with hands-on experience. Drop test in 3... 2... 1... :p

2. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

I like mine (black) it gives it a military tech look
    The black ops iPhone :p