To the mods....

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by jeffzoom91, Jun 14, 2012.

1. jeffzoom91 macrumors regular

jeffzoom91

Can we lock this topic down?

I think only people with developer accounts should be able to post. I know it sounds draconian, but there are people just posting garbage who have never even used iOS or iOS6. It isn't productive. Take it to another topic.

I don't know how you'd pull off the verification of that, but I think the conversation here would greatly improve.

I don't need an opinion on the whole of Apple based on three screen shots of early beta Maps they saw on Gizmodo, I need solid information about the OS and it's features and impact on developers.

2. PhoneI macrumors 65816

um, why don't you start your own message boards and then you can create your own rules?

3. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Everything posted by me has come from experience since I'm running iOS 6 on both my iPhone 4 and new iPad.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

how would this be enforced? ios6 posts will come no matter what, locked down forum section or not

5. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

"The cognitive dissonance is too painful! Shut out anybody who doesn't share my opinion!"

6. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Yes let's close down the topic because people are actually criticizing Apple for ditching Google Maps, and theyre raising their concerns over how sad Apples map data is compared to Googles. Give me a break. The facts are out, Apple is years away from Google on maps, and 3-4 months isn't going to fix that. There's no magic switch to turn on the rest of the worlds map data by final release. I'm not talking about the hi res satellite photos that are missing right now either. I'm talking about regular map data. It's missing roads, street names, locations, etc. If you're someone who uses maps a lot I would be concerned. Who knows if or when Google would release a map app.

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

8. nfl46 macrumors 603

No, it shouldn't be locked down. If you are a Apple developer, then you should be reporting issues to the Apple Dev's forums, where Apple could see them and fix them in upcoming updates.

9. chrf097, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  10. jnl1211 macrumors 6502

jnl1211

11. J.C macrumors 6502

I don't understand, if anyone were to be locked out of the topic shouldn't it be those in the developer program (e.g. me)? Developers have other channels and restrictions. I see this topic as being for everyone but obviously it supports the huge number of users who have had their UDID registered but aren't developers.

12. b24pgg macrumors 65816

Surely you jest

13. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

We have no way of making sure that one is a developer, nor do we have the resources for checking and supervising it.

14. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Forums suck, plain and simple.

#InternetBullies

15. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

Lol it would be hands down impossible to enforce, and this is a forum. We are here to discuss, not ostracize people.

16. jeffzoom91 thread starter macrumors regular

jeffzoom91

One, check the join date.

Two, I don't care if you complain about iOS6, just make sure you've actually used it first. That'd be like me complaining that Barrack Obama's head isn't shiny enough when I've never seen him in person, and then getting Fox News and CNN to carry it as a national news story.

Three, I do lurk on the Apple Dev forums a bit, I keep coming back to MacRumors because I get answers, and because I get to post these little smilies:rolleyes::cool::p;):D:eek:

Four, Anyone else noticed that when uploading images to Facebook, it does a background upload while you're writing your post a la Instagram? I've been finding cool **** like that everywhere.