To the people getting bored

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BizRunner, Aug 11, 2012.

1. BizRunner macrumors member

BizRunner

Why is everyone saying how bored iOS is after 6 years? We have been using OSX for over 10 years, and I don't see anyone saying OSX is overly boring.

2. lepeos macrumors member

You're right. And shoes have been round for centuries and no one complains about being bored with those!

Makes you think.

3. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Just because you think people shouldn't be bored doesn't make people automatically not bored. :)

I think as the major mobile operating systems catch up with each other in terms of features the only differentiators might end up being the UI design and hardware quality.

4. brendu macrumors 68020

My guess is that people are used to the major enhancements that were made over the first few iOS updates and now that Apple is more or less just refining a good system people want more than what is realistic. I love iOS and I am happy with what is coming in iOS6. The only change I would make is to copy webOS style cards instead of using the iOS multitasking tray.

5. dchao macrumors 6502a

Yes, iOS is so boring and they should just give the patents away to HTC and Samsung and give up the fight with Samgsung tomorrow.
    :p

6. donnaw macrumors 65816

Well, one reason is that on a computer one is rarely looking at the Home screen. You are usually inside a program/app. On a phone you spend a lot more time looking at the Home screen.

I was a WinMo user for many years. To be honest, I would get bored with the layout every so often. But I was able to change things up. And there were times when having certain widgets on the Home screen was beneficial but later those benefits gave way to other needs. Example: when I was working I kept a lot of email, voice mail etc info on the Home screen because it was important. When I retired I moved things around and added shortcuts to my husband's phone, a calendar (because when you're retired you tend to forget the date), etc.

I understand boredom on a phone much more than on a full-blown computer. Not everyone experiences it. But when you do, it does tend to bug you.

Sorry, I love my iPad but I could never have an iPhone. I too would find it boring and not particularly efficient for my needs (I like shortcuts and widgets).

7. urkel, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012

urkel macrumors 68030

Not "everyone" is bored of iOS. And if people are, why does it offend you so much. Also, OSX is boring and Apple agrees. It's an OS that is past it's prime and is in a transition state to something different which is why its moving to yearly updates and so many tiny non-essential features are getting stapled to it.

Sorry for the snark, but i dont see why you felt that this statement was so profound that it deserved it's own thread rather than just being posted as a response to the original thread.

8. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

I think alot of these people have Android (maybe) and well, google changes their GUI every year Apple doesn't. So the androides want something different. Which could be one of the reasons they went with android. Personally, i just switched mainly for size and perhaps i was getting bored and annoyed by the limitation of ios.