To those that pre ordered Feb 9

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patp, Feb 10, 2011.

1. patp Guest

Have you gotten any confirmation beyond the first email? Any activity to your card yet? Any ship conformation?

It's looking like you can get your phone a lot sooner if you go into the store today. In other words, PRE ORDER means nothing. We all stayed up late, did the pre order just to see everybody else who didn't pre order get their phones sooner.

PRE means before, POST means after. They should have called it Post ordering.

The reps at VZW say the 18 th is the day it will ship. No it's going out way before, just that the 18th is the day for pre order people.

Great!

2. lucas3735 macrumors newbie

No, no, no. :confused:

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Same here.. nothing.

4. patp thread starter Guest

You guys should call VZW and ask where is my phone. They will tell you it will ship on the 18th.

Not before. But right on the 18th. They tell me the stock was held back for the retail stores for launch day. Great, so those who pre ordered get them post sale. Where is the PRE in all of this?
    :mad:

5. iFitz macrumors regular

Pre-order means nothing because IT'S NOT A PRE-ORDER! Why does everyone keep saying it's a pre-order? It simply states order on line beginning 2/9 or pick up in store on 2/10. The pre-order was last week, and we all got ours on Monday. That was the official pre-order. All you're doing is ordering your phone online for a later delivery date.

6. iFitz macrumors regular

There never was a PRE. The PRE was last week. See above message.

7. zet- macrumors member

I called both my VZW store and their Customer Service number on their site and they told me the same thing. My order from the 9th will ship out on the 18th. I called my VZW store and asked if they had any left in stock and they said they have plenty. They also told me that I couldn't get the phone from their store and then cancel my order, and that I have to cancel my order online first, then go to the store to purchase a new phone.

I have school in a bit, so I'm going to call later and see if they still have some left. If they do, I'm going to cancel my online order and pick it up in the store -_-

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Why is everyone jumpin on the OP for saying PRE? Is it really that serious SMH

9. iFitz macrumors regular

It's not that serious, but when someone is upset that their PRE-order is not arriving until after the launch date, they need to be informed that it was never a pre-order. The pre-ordered phones from the 2/3 pre-order were guaranteed on or before the 10th. The phones ordered yesterday never carried that guarantee. So you can't get upset that you're not getting your phone until after the 18th when it was never specifically called a pre-order nor guaranteed by any specific date.

10. patp thread starter Guest

thanks for clearing that up. My VZW rep referred to it as pre order.

Thanks for spending so much time dissecting my post. Do you have something else you can go do now?

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

The best bet in this case would be to go to the store and pick it up since it appears that they weren't busy today. After you pick it up cancel the order. Problem solved.

12. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

I ordered 2 nites ago when the online ordering started, and my VZW order shows still in process, but with a ship date of 2/10.. Still no shipping update!! URGHH! If I go to the VZW or apple store and cancel my online orders and buy in the store, is there any way to activate later at home? Just buy the phone, unactivated, and walk out? Why? Because I've got a promo discount on my acct that the store employees would 100% screw up, and I'd rather have the verizon rep that Ive talked to on the phone with me as Im activating..

13. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I canceled my 2am 9th order, walked into Best Buy and walked out 20 minutes later with my iPhone and a Zagg invisishield installed.

14. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Them activating the phone via iTunes shouldn't affect any promo codes on your account.

15. patp thread starter Guest

i was order on the 9th and got the $199 price. If i go into BB or VZW store to purchase then cancel my online order, will i still get the same deal ($199)?

I'm ready to do this right now.

16. Jack105 macrumors member

I wouldn't say he was dissecting our post, merely correcting it so you knew what was going on. Just let Apple set up the phone they have way more experience then Verizon does with this. I'm opting to go to an Apple store today because i can see some Verizon rep all fumbly bumbly dropping my phone on the ground and some how screwing things up.

It says ships by the 18th before you even order the phone, why didn't ou just reserve one for pickup in the Apple store? Seems like the most logical choice

17. doubleaa macrumors regular

Yes. I pre-ordered on the 3rd but was in my local Best Buy during lunch. They had plenty of Verizon iPhones in stock.

18. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

They have in the past, so I dont want to risk it now, as I dont think I'd be able to get it back.

So is an instore purchase without activation possible?

19. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

You can probably just ask them not to activate it because you would rather do it at home. I did this but only because i told him I was going to restore to get my AT&T backup

20. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Technically the PRE-order was last Thursday. All of us who did it then got our phone two or three days early. The orders for the 9th were for those who didn't want to go wait in a store line. You could have reserved yesterday for in store pick-up at an Apple store.

But what stops you from cancelling your order that you made online and going in store and getting one right now?

21. kleps macrumors newbie

Walked into the local Apple Store, no lines, picked up a Verizon iP4. Went home, cancelled my online order from 2/9. Same deal.

22. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

hell...I'm going to go to a best buy after work and see if they have Iphone 4's left over. If they do I will just cancel my online order.

23. iFitz macrumors regular

I wasn't trying to dissect your post. Just trying to clear things up for everyone who thought it was a pre-order and are upset becuause they're not getting it until after the 18th.

24. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

My Best Buy had A LOT of them. So many that I had my choice between 16 GB/32 GB and 16 GB with Invisishield/32 GB with Invisishield preinstalled.

25. agarcia34 macrumors member

Why are you guys waiting for it to ship? Go to your Verizon store tell them what is going on and you want to cancell your order and get the phone from them.You will go on there laptop cancell your order and then you will be able to get the phone I just did this and now im gonna activate my phone.No one should have to wait for the 18th it's ridclious when there are phones sitting there at the Verizon and Best Buy's just cancell your order