Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Do the Boot Camp partition activation issues still exist? (in Parallels Desktop 6)

I plan on installing Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium through Boot Camp to have the flexibility of gaming, and then link that partition to Parallels Desktop 6. Does this issue: http://kb.parallels.com/en/9703 still apply? Will I experience activation issues? Please tell me the best way to go through all this. I have the brand new Windows 7 and Parallels 6 discs. Haven't done a thing yet, please guide me through this, so I don't encounter activation problems.

Thanks very much

Smatts123

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2009
Nope, in fact I linked my boot camp (Windows 7) to Parallels yesterday and it has been running very smoothly with absolutely no problems. I activated the copy via boot camp so I would recommend doing the same, get everything setup on boot camp before linking to parallels. :cool:

doxavita

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 6, 2010
Nope, in fact I linked my boot camp (Windows 7) to Parallels yesterday and it has been running very smoothly with absolutely no problems. I activated the copy via boot camp so I would recommend doing the same, get everything setup on boot camp before linking to parallels. :cool:

You know, I think just as a precaution I'll try to through Option 2 from that link I posted just to be safe. I assume during the Win 7 installation (through Boot Camp) I can delay the activation. Get it properly running with all drivers, and then go ahead with linking and activating.

naix

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2010
issue is still present

I just install windows 7 x64 on bootcamp and then linked it on parallels desktop 6. When Im in parallels windows is not activated but when I go back into bootcamp it is activated. Anyone know how to fix this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.