To those whose July 14th Orders Have Shipped Already...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Psant, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Psant macrumors regular

Does your AT&T (or other providers') billing address match the shipping address for your phone?

I'm curious because I ordered mine the 16th and it's still stuck at "Prepared for Shipment"

2. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Mine matches and I'm still stuck. 4 days at prepared and i ordered on the 16th at 3:30 Yay!!!!! :rolleyes:

3. Psant thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm in a similar situation. 16th at 4PM.

However, my shipping and billing address don't match.

4. shadygrove macrumors regular

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

The address matches, the name does not--never changed it with AT&T when I remarried.

Between the backorders for the iPhone and the iPad camera connection kit, it sure seems obvious Apple doesn't work through their orders in strictly first-in, first-out fashion. :(

6. Psant thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, my shipping address and name don't match haha. I guess I'm screwed either way?

7. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

then this will really piss you off..

ordered june 22nd, billing and shipping name do not match

prepared for shipping friday the 2nd, shipped, shipped tuesday the 6th, delivery estimated by friday the 9th

8. orson3g macrumors member

Exactly the same for me, except I ordered on the 19th. On its way from China now, and my billing address is definitely not the same as the shipping.

9. Psant thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, then I guess Apple just picks names out of a hat.

10. garp macrumors member

Apple is dealing with the logistics of shipping Hundreds of Thousands of products across the Pacific each day, trust me they aren't pulling names out of a hat. I'm sure they get great shipping rates from FedEx and in return they carefully coordinate the shipments to make the maximum use of every available bit of FedEx's lift capacity.

11. Psant thread starter macrumors regular

So basically you're saying that they are discriminating based off of geographic region in order to fill the FedEx airplanes to maximum capacity?

That makes sense and is probably a good business move, but, my irrational feelings will still lead me to say that it isn't fair that I ordered my phone on the 16th after trying for twelve hours on the 15th, yet have to wait significantly longer than someone that ordered on the 22nd or later.

12. Oompaloompas macrumors newbie

LOL how do you not have an iphone yet? every store in pretty much Northern Virginia has them instock...

13. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Ordered on June 16th at 3:30pm PST. My status went to prepared for shipment on Friday at 5pm. I'm still stuck on the same status.

14. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Hey you ordered at the same exact time as me! And we are both in the same boat. Yay!!

15. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

It's pretty annoying when you see people who ordered a whole week after us, getting their phones shipped out. What was the point of pre-ordering?

16. Oompaloompas macrumors newbie

you know what even more annoying is that stores have stock while people who pre-ordered dont even have them yet. i find it funny and sad at the same time lol.

17. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

Yeah that's what is annoying me the most. I ordered on the 19th, yet people ordered the 23rd-24th are getting their phones delivered now and we still have to wait.

There was no point in rushing to order, if apple is going to randomly ship phones out and not go by who ordered first.

18. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

I'd like to know those places, because all the stores in my area are sold out of iphones and they have no clue when there getting more in.

19. eyemh8 macrumors newbie

ordered a 16gig and a 32gig on the 29th got 16gig today and 32gig Estimated for tomorrow the 7th almost feel bad for you guys :p

20. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I live in California and it seems that a lot of people in California are in the same boat as us. I wonder if they're doing it by region?

21. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

I live in New Jersey, so who knows how apple is handling this. China is closer to Cali than jersey so you should get the phone before me.

22. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I spent all day trying to pre-order on the 15th and never got through until the 16th! Then the guy up above orders on the 29th and gets the phones today and tomorrow. Wth? If I would have known that, I wouldn't have rushed to pre-order. Oh well. I'll just have to be patient with my 3G until Apple decides to send mine

23. Psant thread starter macrumors regular

Same here. I spent a good 10 hours trying to get through on the 15th and another 3-4 on the 16th before I could get through.

Worst part for me is that I sold my 3GS two weeks ago and am living with a ****** LG Xenon. Sigh.

24. djgulia macrumors 6502

^I've been using a Motorola Q running on Edge for the past 2 weeks. Painful.

I changed my shipping address to my office after ordering.

25. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

I used to have a Moto Q before my iPhone. I actually liked it, but I had never had an iPhone before. I had no idea. I could never go back.